In these two videos travel photographers Brendan van Son shares some of his hacks for travel photography gear – how to go lighter and spend less money.
In this first one he offers eight photography hacks to help you while you’re out on the road:
- Welding glass as a neutral density filter
- Macro extension tubes instead of a macro lens
- 2x teleconverter to extend the range of your lenses
- Tripod/monopod combination (he mentions he uses one of the 3-Legged Thing models)
- Trigger Trap remote release
- Camera cap case
- WiFi EyeFi memory cards
- The Crop Sensor advantage
Watch the whole video to see how you can use those tips to your advantage when travelling.
In this second video he talks about different camera strap options and which is the best for travel photography.
The strap he mentions is the Indigo Marble designer sling.
Some other options are:
- imo Camera Straps: Review – for a bit more fashionable and stylish strap.
- Black Rapid RS-7 Camera Strap Review
- Peak Design Capture Camera Clip v2 review
- Preview of the Slide and Clutch Camera Carrying System from Peak Design
- Spider Camera Holster Review
Do you have any other tips for hacking your travel photography bag? Please share with us in the comments below. What goodies have you found?