Over the last week we’ve published posts revealing the most popular DSLRs and Compact System cameras among our readers (based upon what they’ve been buying in the last 3 months).
Today we’re looking at the best selling and most popular DSLR Lenses*.
This list is completely dominated by Canon and Nikon lenses so we’ve decided to break them out separately into two lists and then have put the 6 other lenses (from a variety of manufacturers) into a third list.
Note: at this stage we didn’t see any major trends in lenses for compact camera systems which is why we’ve not featured any here. We expect this market to grow as the mirroless/compact system cameras continue to grow in popularity.
Canon DSLR Lenses
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro
- Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G AF
- Nikon 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro
- Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S
- Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S
- Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II AF-S
- Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II
- Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR AF-S DX
And also worth noting are the following other lenses made by other manufacturers.
Other DSLR Lenses
- Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM FLD Large Aperture Standard Zoom Lens
- Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM Lens for Canon
- YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8 Standard Prime Lens
- Tamron Auto Focus 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens
- Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM ELD SLD Aspherical Super Wide Angle Lens
- Rokinon FE14M-C 14mm F2.8 Ultra Wide Lens
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II Digital Zoom Lens
- Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens
- Rokinon HD8M-C 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye Lens
- Tamron SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens
- Sony 50mm f/1.8 SAM DT Lens
- SMC Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4
*Note: as with our previous best seller lists this list was compiled from reports supplied to us from Amazon.com where we are affiliates. One of the ways dPS is able to cover its costs and be a sustainable business is that we earn a small commission when readers make a purchase from Amazon after clicking on our links (including those above). While no personal details are passed on we do get an overall report from Amazon about what was bought and are able to create this list.