The Top 20 Posts of all Time at dPS (out of 2000 in our Archives)
I was just looking at the post count of published posts here on dPS and realized that this post is the 2000th article that we’ve published!
It’s hard to believe that we’ve published that many tips and tutorials as it seems like just yesterday that dPS was born (although we’re over 4 years old now).
In that time we’ve had over 55 million visitors to the site and they’ve viewed well in excess of 160 million pages of content.
To celebrate the 2000th post mark I thought I’d take a stroll down memory lane and highlight the 20 most popular posts on dPS from our 2000 posts.
It’s only 1% of what we’ve done but hopefully it’ll give newer readers a bit of a peak at what’s in the archives and give our long term readers a reminder of what we’ve done.
- 10 Ways to Take Stunning Portraits – An extract from our best selling The Essential Guide to Portrait Photography
- Long Exposure Photography: 15 Stunning Examples- An image collection of some great long exposure shots.
- How to Make Digital Photos Look like Lomo Photographs – one of our first ever photoshop tutorials that still is popular today.
- Learning about Exposure – the Exposure Triangle – going back to basics to examine three foundational elements of exposure in photography.
- Wedding Photography – 21 Tips for Amateur Wedding Photographers – a collection of tips to help those of us who are asked by friends to take wedding shots.
- How to Make an Inexpensive Light Tent – I get thank you’s from readers most weeks about this one
- Popular Digital Cameras and Gear – a regularly updated list of the most popular cameras, lenses and accessories used by our readers.
- Rule of Thirds – an old photography rule – but a good one!
- How to Choose a DSLR – this one is slightly dated as it was written when DSLRs were just getting more popular but still gets a lot of people viewing it.
- 21 Great Reader shots and how they were Taken – I love this post as it is purely readers showing off their photography and talking us through the processes of how they were shot.
- How to Photograph Fireworks – always popular at 4th July and New Years Eve.
- 9 Tips for Getting Backgrounds Right – tips that can really lift an image
- How to Hold a Digital Camera – sometimes it is the most basic things that people have connected with most on dPS.
- How to Take a Great Group Photo – I reread this one myself recently when asked to photograph a large group.
- 11 Surefire Landscape Photography Tips – on an ever popular topic with our readers.
- 21 Settings, Techniques and Rules All New Camera Owners Should Know – if you’re ever overwhelmed by what all the dials, modes and settings on your camera mean – this could be one for you.
- DIY Lighting Hacks for Digital Photographers – these are fun but could also save you some serious cash.
- 17 Amazing Wide Angle Images – another of our most popular image collections
- How to Shoot Light Trails – practical tips on getting spectacular shots at night
- 4 Rules of Composition for Landscape Photography – simple rules that can make a big impact.
Thanks so much to all of our writing team who have contributed to these and our other 1980 tips and tutorials – and to our community of readers who have read them, left comments and shared them with friends via Twitter, Facebook, email and word of mouth.
You’ve all helped us to continue to grow and I value each one of you.