Pin ItHelp! I’m taking portraits of someone with glasses and I keep getting crazy reflections showing up from my flash in their specs. Can you help me!?!
This is a question we hear a lot at dPS so when our friends at AdoramaTV posted this video showing how to get ride of reflections in glasses we thought it might help some of our readers.
The key is to keep experimenting with the position of your lights and reflectors – as you’ll see in the video – even the pros have to tweak positions constantly to get things right.
Further Portait Photography Tips and Tutorials
While you’re watching the above video – check out these great portrait photography tips from our archives!
- 10 Tips to Take Stunning Portraits
- 10 More Tips for Stunning Portrait Photography
- Give Your Subject Space to Look Into
- 4 Quick Tips for Portraits
- Photographing Children – Composition
- How to Photograph People When Traveling
- 10 Tips for Photographing Babies
- Asking Permission to Photograph People
- How to Take Environmental Portraits
- What the Mona Lisa Can Teach You about Portrait Photography
- Posing – Which Way Should Your Subject Lean?
- A Fresh Look at Depth of Field
- Posing Tips – Shoulders
- Posing – Waistlines, Thighs and Bustlines
- Where is Your Subject Looking and Why Does it Matter?
- How to Pose Hands in Portraits
- The Perfect Portrait Guide – How to Photograph People – Book Review
- What Clothes to Wear in Portraits
- How to bypass the Portrait Mode on Your Digital Camera and Get Great Portrait
- 4 Tips for Natural Looking Portraits
- An Introduction to Catchlights
- 11 Tips for Better Candid Photography
These Portrait Photography Tips just scratch the Surface of our archives – there’s also a heap more in our Portrait Photography eBook.