Over the next two weeks we’re inviting you to submit a photography tip in our forum area. The best two tips (as judged by a small panel of DPS moderators) will receive the two prizes mentioned below. Please read the following rules to make sure you are eligible for the prize:
- Tips Must be Submitted to here (note: this is a different registration to our newsletters).
- Tips must be 350 words or less (suggestions on what to write about below).
- You may use up to 3 images to help illustrate your tip. We recommend you hosting the images on Flickr and inserting them in your entry.
- Photography Tips will be judged on how helpful they are and how clear they are to follow.
- We will publish some of the best tutorials submitted here on the DPS blog in the weeks following the competition. Please include a link to your blog, flickr account or website as we’d like to include it as a thank you for the tip IF we publish it on the blog (this is not included in the 350 words).
- There is a limit of one entry per person. Please don’t join up as a member more than once – we can check if you do.
- People from all countries may enter this competition.
- Entries close on 8th April at 11.59pm – PST ( US Pacific Time). It’ll then probably take us at least a few days to sort through them all and choose a winner.
Once again – you need to submit a tip with a maximum length of 350 words in this thread.
Thanks to our two great sponsors Olympus and ImageVueX for putting up these great prizes. Please support these companies who have supported DPS in this competition.
First prize is the brilliant new compact camera from Olympus, the Tough 8000! The 12mp, 3.6x wide angle zoom equipped Olympus tough is waterproof, shockproof, freeze proof and crush proof – all of these things being tested recently by one of our forum admins, Sime. This camera retails at $399.99 so make sure you get your entries in to win one! – Read more about the Olympus Tough 8000 here (also see our review of the Olympus Tough 8000).
Second prize is a great web gallery package from our friends at ImageVueX.com – This prize consists of a personal and a commercial version of the great web gallery software, the prize is valued at $204 and is sure to be very useful for either the budding photographer or the seasoned pro wishing to promote their photography! You can see gallery examples here. ImageVueX is a flash or html (you choose “on the fly” to suit your needs) template type website builder that is very easy to use and looks great.
Suggestions for What to Write about
- We’re looking for practical tips that will help photographers to improve their photography. Really any subject is fine but do keep in mind that you only have 350 words to communicate what you need to say so smaller/focused topics will work best.
- DPS is read by beginners through to Pros – so feel free to pitch your tip at any level.
- We’re particularly looking for tips that readers can go away and put into action – not just theoretical ones.
- If you’re looking for inspiration you might like to check out this thread in our forum which asks readers for their suggestions on things that they want to learn about. They are real questions from readers so might be a useful starting point.
Please note – if you have questions or comments on this competition please leave them in comments below and not in the forum thread as we’ll keep that thread exclusively for entries.