We’re photographers. Our craft is our work. Our work is our art. To be moving forward with our work, we must be constantly on the search for creativity. We must develop; broaden the perspectives we see and the images we produce and the art we define.
When you come to that point when nothing seems to be new, and you have become stuck in a rut with your images, your editing, your creations, it may be worth your while to take a look at Lightroom’s Split Toning.
I Just Need Perspective
Can’t fix the white balance of an image with Lightroom’s standard White Balance Treatment? Try adjusting the picture with the Split Toning Feature.
- Select your image
- Adjust your highlights to the tone you desire [to get rid of an orangey tone, try adjusting toward the blues]
- Move the Highlights Saturation scroll bar to achieve the desired tone.
- Don’t stop there. Evaluate your image. Determine other tones that need fixing.
- Adjust your shadows to the tone you desire
- Move the shadow scroll bar to achieve the desired tone.
- Evaluate image and make adjustments from there.