This week as part of our ‘Best of 2012 Series‘ we’re looking back on the year that was and sharing the most popular posts in different categories. Today we’re looking over the hot portrait tutorials of the year – many of which were among the most popular posts among all categories on the blog this year.
- Portrait Tip: Don’t Fill the Frame
- 6 Portrait Lighting Patterns Every Photographer Should Know
- 5 Tips for Flattering Maternity Photography
- Poser: Achieve Perfect Portrait Expression
- 10 Reasons to Shoot Portraits During the Golden Hour [Illustrated]
- Cut the Cheese: 5 Tips for Photographing Kids
- Lighting Ratios to Make or Break your Portrait
- How to Create Backlight or Hairlight outdoors with Natural Light
- Using Facial View and Camera Angle to take Flattering Portraits
- Using a White Wall as a Photo Background
- How to Take Creative Couples Portraits
- How to Achieve Blurred Backgrounds in Portraits
- One Light Portraits: Simple Elegance
- Studio Lighting: Building a Light Set-Up
Want more portrait tips? Check out our best portrait tips of 2011 here.