Digital camera sales look like reaching record levels this Christmas so with millions of new cameras in the hands of their new owners I thought it might be helpful to put together a series of tutorials that help new digital camera owners to get the most of their cameras.
Also keep in mind that our forums are a great place for beginners through to more advanced users to both learn about their cameras but also show off the photos that they take with them.
Also subscribe to our free weekly email newsletter to get digital camera tips sent to your inbox each Friday.
Here are some of our most popular tips for new digital camera owners:
Using Your Camera
- Using Fill Flash
- Continuous Shooting Mode
- Shutter Release Technique
- How to Hold a Digital Camera
- Using Flash Diffusers and Relectors
- Digital Camera Maintenance
- Explaining Digital Camera Modes
- Should You use the LCD or Viewfinder?
- Introduction to White Balance
- RAW vs JPEG?
- 7 Digital Camera Predators and How to Keep them at Bay
- How to Take Sharp Digital Images
- Avoiding Dirty DSLR Image Sensors
- How to Use Focal Lock
- How to Get Shallow Depth of Field
Introduction to Exposure – How to Get Out of Auto Mode
- Learning about Exposure – The Exposure Triangle
- Introduction to ISO Settings
- Introduction to Shutter Speed
- Introduction to Aperture
- Aperture and Shutter Priority Modes
- How to Control Aperture and Shutter Speed on an Entry Level Point and Shoot Camera
- The Rule of Thirds
- Finding Fresh Angles to Shoot From
- Photographing Children
- Getting Horizons Horizontal
- Fill Your Frame
- Give Your Subject Space to Look Into
- 10 Ways to Add Variety to Your Digital Photography
- Create Active Space in Your Photography
- Getting Backgrounds Right
Techniques and How To’s
- 11 Tips for Better Candid Photography
- 10 Beach Photography Tips
- How to Photograph Sunrises and Sunsets
- How to Crop Images
- How to Take Great Group Photos
- Black and White Digital Photography – In Camera or Post Production?
- How to Photography Fireworks
- 10 Questions to Ask When Taking a Photo
- Panning Techniques
- Macro Photography Tips for Point and Shoot Compact Digital Cameras
- Prime vs Zoom Lenses – Which are Best?
- Introduction to type of DSLR Lenses
- Introduction to Tripods
- Polarizing Filters
Of course our archives are full of hundreds of tips and tutorials so once you’ve finished with these there are plenty of others to keep you busy for the next few days! If you can’t find a tip or tutorial to help you with your questions feel free to ask them in our forums
Some Older Comments