October was a great month for Digital Photography Tips Online. Here are some of the highlights as well as a few of our ‘classic’ tutorials from this time last year:
Links from Around the Web
- Regular contributer to Digital Photography School, Martin Gommel, has just posted an interview with me about this blog on this blog and blogging in general. The intro is in German but the interview is in English.
- Ricoh announced a new camera in the last week – the Ricoh GR Digital II (an update of the GR Digital). Looks like a very nice point and shoot.
- Epic Edits has a quick tip on taking a Miniature Camera Bag instead of a fully loaded one when you’re out with your camera
- Thomas Hawk shares some reasons why you should upgrade to Photoshop CS3
- Photojojo shares 12 Fantastic Fall Photo Tips
- Photodoto shares some tips on photographing people in public places
- Popular Photography shares 5 advanced flash techniques that would be helpful for many.
- Crestock shares 8 tips from the World’s Top Selling Photographer Yuri Arcurs.
- I just came across the following video (via Strobist) of a photo shoot with a Pro Photographer shooting a drilling rig for a corporate shoot. It’s a great little video that gives some insight into what goes on behind the scenes in such a shoot. Enjoy:
Classic Links from Our Archives
Lastly – here are a few of the better posts from our own archives from this time last year:
- Introduction to Tripods – a series that spanned numerous posts on using, buying and alternatives to tripods.
- Using Light to Create Texture in Your Photography – learn to pain with light
- Zoo Photography – an introduction to photographing animals in captivity
- How to Take Sharp Digital Images – practical tips on taking sharp shots
- How to Use and Buy Polarizing Filters – a basic introduction on these very handy filters
- How to Choose a DSLR Camera – a practical guide to buying that DSLR you’ve been eyeing off