This project by British photographer Levon Bliss and the Oxford University Museum of Natural History is a breathtaking. Levon spends weeks taking thousands of images of a single insect and then edits them together into incredibly high resolution images of these tiny creatures.
See more of Levon’s work on the Microsculpture site.
Learn About Macro Photography
While not on the scale of Levon’s project above we’ve compiled some Macro tutorials for those of you inspired to begin to explore this space.
- Everything You Need to Know about Macro Photography
- Getting Started Guide to Macro or Close-Up Photography
- Macro Photography for Beginners (also see Part 2)
- Tips for Depth of Field Control in Macro Photography
- Macro Photography on a Budget: An introduction to Close-up Filters
- It’s a Bug’s Life – 27 Super Macro Photography Images
Table of contents
- ADVANCED GUIDES
- CREATIVE TECHNIQUES
- Behind the Scenes of Marvellous Macro Insect Imagery