Update: see below for details on how you can win a DSLR, iMac or Photoshop and an iPad.
I’m extremely excited today to be able to announce the launch of a much anticipated eBook – Photo Nuts and POST by Neil Creek.
- In January 2010 we released the first eBook in this series – Photo Nuts and BOLTS which is all about understanding how your camera works and how to take full control of it.
- In January 2011 we released Photo Nuts and SHOTS which built upon the first eBook to cover techniques and tools to use your camera to take great photos.
- Today – January 2012 we release Photo Nuts and POST – which is all about what to do with your images once you’ve taken them.
While the first two Photo Nuts eBooks are all about taking the best photos possible (the only real place to start with great photos) – Photo Nuts and POST is about helping those photos to come to life.
What is it About?
This is not an eBook about making bad photos look amazing. Neil’s written two eBooks already emphasising the importance of getting the best possible photo when you take that photo. Rather this is an eBook about taking those photos and turning them into a finished, polished and appropriately prepared photo for whatever need you have (online sharing, printing or publishing).
As I wrote in the forward of this eBook:
For years my own approach was to avoid post-production; my mindset was that great photographers always got it right in camera anyway and that any processing work was somehow ‘fake’. Over time, however, I’ve come to see the benefit of some gentle processing on my images – not to hide anything but to bring them alive and to reflect the reality of the scenes and subjects that I capture.
While getting your photos right in camera is the only real place to start, this ebook is all about putting the tools and techniques in your hands to take those good images and lift them to new levels through post-production.
I was delighted to work with Neil on this ebook because his approach to post-production is similar to my own. I therefore trust that you’ll also enjoy learning about how post-production can help unleash the potential in your own images.
Who is Photo Nuts and POST for?
- Those who want to process their photos and don’t know where to get started
- Anyone who is skeptical about processing but is keen to explore it
- Photographers who see amazing photos online and want their own photos to look like them
- Anyone who struggles with an aspect of processing for eg – workflow or culling a big shoot
- Anyone who has just started learning processing and wants to take it further
If you own a dSLR camera you owe it to yourself to learn about digital post processing.
- What post processing software does this eBook teach? – this eBook is written to be as software-agnostic as possible, but by necessity some of the terminology and examples may be influenced by Neil’s personal choice of Adobe’s Lightroom. Screen shots of examples are mostly from Lightroom, but he has striven to keep them relevant to other software choices.
- Can I read it on my iPad – yes. This eBook is a PDF and can be read on your computer or any other PDF reading device. To read it on your iPad simply download it to your computer and then upload it to iBooks (or any other PDF reading app).
- Is it Guaranteed? – yes, like all of our eBooks if you buy a copy and find it doesn’t suit your needs just contact us within 60 days of purchase for a full no questions asked refund.
- Is there a hard cover version? – Unfortunately not – we only do eBooks at this point in time.
- Got Questions or Needing Help? – If you have any problems with the purchase or download simply contact our friendly support staff. Please include the name of the eBook you are asking for support on as well as your PayPal email address if you have made a purchase.
Special Launch Discount: 33% Off
To celebrate the launch of Photo Nuts and POST we’re offering it, for a limited time, for $19.99 – 33% off the normal price.
For more information on it check out the Photo Nuts and POST
Or to secure your copy directly, simply click the Download it Now button below.
You’ll be taken to a page where you can make your payment via PayPal or Credit card and get immediate access for download.
UPDATE: Buy today and go in the draw to win a DSLR, iMac or Photoshop and iPad.
Pick up a copy of Photo Nuts and Post before midnight (US Eastern time) 21 February and you’ll go in the draw to win one of the following great prizes to help you improve your photography.
- a Canon 60D DSLR with 18-135mm lens – worth $1180 USD
- a 21.5 inch Apple iMac (2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with 500GB Hard Drive) – worth $1199 USD
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 and a 16GB Wifi iPad 2 – worth $1200 USD
The winner will be chosen at random from those who purchase Photo Nuts and Post and will be given the choice of one of the above 3 prizes. This competition is open to buyers in any part of the world – we’ll ship the prize to you at no cost.
This competition is for a limited time only – so grab your copy of Photo Nuts and Post here today.