Every month or two I like to create a list of helpful tutorials and resources from around the photographic web.
This time I think you’ll agree that there’s been some wonderful tutorials written. I’ve included 17 from other sites – 5 from our archives (this time last year) and 3 great photoshop video tutorials.
17 Hot Photography Links From Around the Web
- Make Your own BikeCAM – a fun DIY with a video
- 5 Ways to Hold Your Viewer’s Attention – 5 simple composition techniques
- Transforming a Daylight Image into a Wild Night – Photoshop tutorial
- Nine Reasons to Manually Focus When Taking Pictures – sometimes manual focusing is your best option
- The Importance of focus and quick tips on how to get it right – another focusing related tutorial
- My Photography Workflow – Photographer Thomas Hawk talks us through his workflow
- The 15 Second DIY Adjustable Snoot! – a fast DIY
- The Nuts and Bolts of Off-Camera Flash – first part of a four part series on off camera flash (part 2 here).
- 8 Photography Myths Debunked – just what the title says 🙂
- Getting Rid of Dust Spots – Photoshopping tips
- Flicker Flash – How to capture movement with a series of strobe flashes
- – 10 Ways to Improve your skills
- On Assignment: Night Chopper Pt 2 – 2nd in a series of shots taking you on a shoot of a chopper at night
- Your Guide to Buying Old Film Cameras – Feeling Retro? This one’s for you!
- Seeing the Possibilities – a great post on how to see possibilities in different locations
- Understanding Camera Exposure Modes – talking you through spot, evaluative and center-weighted metering.
- Curves color enhancement tutorial – a video screencast of GIMP in action