Every now and again I like to do a roundup of some of the photography tips, tutorials and videos that have caught my eye around the web over the last month or so. Here’s the latest batch that I enjoyed – I hope you find them helpful.
- 31 Angels (And Spidermen, Sportacuses and Doras) – the story of how a photographer photographed a kindergarten costume day.
- – story of a photographer whose images were republished in mainstream media without permission
- Light Painting Light Sabers – a cool technique to take some amazing light painting shots
- – another cool light painting tutorial
- GPP Group Shot = Pressure that Can Make Diamonds – given the task of taking a group photo of a group of photographers Zack takes a creative approach and gets ‘the shot’ (or ‘shots’).
- 12 Ways to Use Your Camera as a Tool – ways of using your camera for purposes other than just taking great shots for your album
- Concert Photography Tips from a Newbie – covers some ‘film’ tips but some good principles for digital photographers too
- – using long exposures to create shots at a concert with mood when Flash Photography was prohibited
- Black and White Conversion: Channel Mixer Recipes – post production tutorial on Black and White conversion
- Backlit Night Portrait – “What do you do when you have a coupla minutes to make a quick portrait — and the bright part of your frame calls for a shutter speed of a half-second?”
- The Real Secret to Taking Spectacular Photos – 10 tips on taking Spectacular Photographs.
- Creating a Touching Story Scene in Photoshop – some pretty in depth photoshopping in this one
Marc Silber managed to get ahold of this rare footage of Ansel Adams talking about Visualization.
And lastly – a video that tells how a photographer managed to get a group shot of 800 people at a conference in a dark auditorium.
See the finished shot here.