If you’re looking for a good introduction to studio lighting the following video may be a good place to start.
It is a 2 hour video (so grab a drink and make yourself comfortable) featuring Joey Quintero from B&H Photo and Video.
Some of what’s covered in this lecture:
- ratios of light
- continuous 1 light setups with reflectors
- continuous 2 light setups, the rim light
- tips on using a flash/ambient meter
- studio flas/umbrella set ups
- studio flash/softbox setups
- studio flash/beauty dish set up
There’s much more too!