If You Had $2000 to Spend on Photographic Gear – What Would You Buy?
If I gave you $2000 to spend on camera gear – what would you buy?
We did this hypothetical exercise around 18 months ago (with $1000) and it was a lot of fun and I thought that seeing as many of us are researching photography gear for Christmas presents that it might be fun to do again to see what everyone is eying off!
And because I’m feeling generous this year I’m going to increase your hypothetical cash to $2000 instead of $1000 (you can thank me in comments).
So here’s how it works.
- Lets use Amazon’s Camera and Photo area as a guide so we’re all talking the same prices.
- Surf through around and identify what camera gear (cameras, lenses, flashes, accessories) that you’d get if you had $2000.
- Tell/and or show (with a link) what you’d get in comments below. Tell us why you selected what you did.
What would you order?
- Perhaps a little Canon Powershot S95 (currently the ‘most wished for’ camera on Amazon)
- Or maybe a Nikon D3100 (one of the most bought cameras in our popular digital cameras list)
- Or perhaps you want to use the opportunity to try a Micro Four Thirds Camera and would pick up the Olympus PEN E-P2.
- Or maybe you’d just blow the whole lot on a lens you’ve been lusting after – like the Canon 85mm f1.2L II USM (the one I’ve been eying off for months now…. Sigh….)
Don’t get too bogged down in the details – I’m really just curious what everyone else is looking at gear wise at the moment.
Looking forward to seeing what you ‘order’ (hypothetically of course).