- Guaranteed for 2 full months
- Pay by PayPal or Credit Card
- Instant Digital Download
A much requested feature from our readers is the ability to show images IN comments. Previously readers had to leave a link to their photo sharing site page but now you also have the option to embed an image into a comment. You can see this feature in action in the comments section of our last weekend photography Challenge.
To embed an image into a comment look for the line that says ‘You can add images to your comment by clicking here’ underneath the comments fields at the bottom of our posts. It looks like this:
Click the link and a little popup window opens up where you can submit a URL of an image.
1. Please only submit your own images – don’t submit images that you don’t have authorization to post (copyright).
2. If you are posting an image from Flickr you can either post the URL of the actual image (like this one – http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3338/3649154608_4e8bdac973.jpg) OR the url of the flickr page that the picture is shown (like this one – http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenrowse/3649154608/). Either will work and using Flickr’s API the image will automatically link back to its Flickr page.
3. If your image is hosted on another photo sharing site you will need to only use the actual URL of the image as we can’t pull the image out of other pages at this point. You’re welcome to leave a URL in the comment area of your comment to link back to where your site is hosted if you’d like people to visit that page.
4. Please only share ‘family friendly’ images. No nudity in this public environment. We do have a nude section in our forum which is password protected for that kind of photo sharing, critique and learning.
5. Comments are often moderated so may not always appear immediately – please don’t add the same image multiple times – it can take a few hours for images to appear depending upon the time of day. However once you’ve had one comment go live on DPS it usually is faster next time.
We hope you enjoy this new feature on DPS and look forward to not just hearing about your images but also SEEING them. If you have any questions about the use of this feature please contact us via our contact form.
Thanks for subscribing!