For the next 24 hours you can grab ‘Click! How to Take Gorgeous Photos of Your Kids’ at half price! Read on to find out how.
Introducing dPS’s 12 Days of Christmas for 2012
Two years ago in 2010, in the lead up to Christmas, we ran a little experimental promotion for dPS readers where we offered you 12 photographic deals over the 12 days before Christmas. The deals were a mix of discounts on our own products as well as some great deals from other photographic brands.
The campaign was just going to be a one off and we planned it as a small gift to our readers but the response from readers was huge and months out from last Christmas people started asking us if we were going to run it again.
We ran an even bigger version in 2011 by doing some bigger deals on our own products and used the success of the first year to convince some other brands to offer bigger discounts too.
So what’s happening this year?
I’m excited to announce that starting today we’re doing it all again and it is going to be bigger than ever.
This year we have lined up 12 new deals on products that we’ve not featured before in our previous Christmas campaigns. It will again include a few of our own newer products but also some fantastic deals from photographic brands you know and love.
24 Hours to Grab Each Deal
Each deal lasts for 24 hours only so you need to be quick. To make sure you get notified of each deal you can signup to receive an email by adding your email address here:
Are you ready for Deal #1? Here it is…
Just over a year ago we launched Click – one of our most popular eBooks ever – an eBook about how to take gorgeous photos of your kids.
In this deal it is yours for just $15 – 50% off the normal price.
Written by professional child photographer (and 3 times mum) Rachel Devine it is written for parents, grand parents, teachers or anyone else with children in their lives to help them capture the daily lives of the amazing little people living with us.
This book will solve the challenges many of us have including:
- how do I make photographing my kids fun again?
- how do I go beyond the ‘click and hope’ approach?
- how do I avoid taking staged and fake looking photos?
- How do I add style and emotion to my shots?
Taking Gorgeous Photos of your Kids is Child’s Play
In Click! Rachel explores her unique approach to the photography of children in seven charmingly illustrated chapters:
- THINK: Forget the “spray-and-pray” approach to kid photography, and learn to spot better opportunities to capture young ones experiencing everyday life.
- PREPARE: With the right equipment on hand, and an understanding of essential photography concepts—from shot setup, to styling and safety—you’ll be ready to have some serious fun taking fabulous kids photos.
- SMILE: Consciously develop your intuitive skills to ensure making photos is fun for kids of all ages and personality types—and for the photographer, too!
- REFINE: Learn the photo processing tricks and techniques that’ll ensure every photo in your album, and on your wall, is truly unforgettable.
- RESEARCH: Experiment with different styles and equipment, so you so you never miss a chance to capture a special moment, at any time, in any setting.
- PUSH: Expand your creative boundaries with a series of practical challenges, each of which shows you new ways to make more evocative shots.
- LOOK: Get inside the heads of five extremely innovative kids photographers, and benefit from their personal tips and advice.
This inspirational ebook is more than just a starting point—it’s a detailed resource you’ll come back to again and again as your photography practice and family grow.
What Others Are Saying about Click!
We’re super proud to have published eBook because we regularly hear from readers about what a massive impact it has had upon their photography – and more importantly their families.
Here’s just a small part of the reader feedback we’ve had about this eBook.
“I didn’t get to the end of chapter 2 before I was in the living room with the kids and my camera. This eBook has given me a whole new way of looking at photographing my kids – as well as the tools to make my dreams a reality” — Sally Raymond, Mother of 3.
“As a professional photographer myself, I am always on the lookout for resources to help me extend myself and develop my craft. Rachel’s ebook Click! is fantastic. It is beautifully written, informative and packed full of gorgeous photos. This book will teach you the mechanics of how to capture children beautifully with your camera, but also the importance of just recording the moment. It is a perfect balance of information and heart.” — Dale Taylor, professional photographer.
“Finally, information and practical ideas for taking natural photos of kids just being kids. Forget about making your children smile and say “Cheese!”After reading Rachel’s ebook you will never again settle for forced poses, and instead delight in capturing your kids as they really are.” — Catherine Oehlman, mother, teacher, blogger (squigglemum.com)
Download it today only for just $15!
Each deal in our 12 Deals of Christmas lasts for just 24 hours so to grab your copy of Click! at this never before offered price grab it here quickly before it ends.