Close
Close
    dvtldav is offline dPS Forum Member

Default HS Football Championship

These were taken at the Indiana 5A HS Football Championship game last Saturday. These were from the stands at Lucas Oil Stadium about 30 rows up on the 10 yard line taken with a Canon 60D w/70-200 f2.8 Sigma lens, ss1/1000, ISO 1000. The only PP was a little sharpening and some cropping.
    Thanks to Jim Bryant for his tips.

David
    HS Football Championship-17

HS Football Championship-12

HS Football Championship-11

HS Football Championship-10

More can be seen on my Flickr acct.
    Post count does not reflect actual photography knowledge.

Canon 60D, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4, Tamron SP 70-300 f4-5.6, Sigma 70-200 f 2.8

Jim Bryant is offline Stoned Cold Crazy
    2nd star to the left and straight on until morning

You're welcome.I see that you were pretty much hampered by the seat selection. See it you can wangle your way into becoming the team photographer or contact the local community paper to see about getting a press pass. Sometimes, high school can get a number of sideline passes for photographers. You did get some story telling action.........where you were.
    http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/jimbryant
    http://jimbryantphotography.blogspot.com/
    (1) EOS 1D MKIII (3) EOS 1D's, (3) EOS1D MKIIs', (1) EOS1Ds MKII, 14mmf2.8, 16-35mmf2.8, 28-70mmf2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f2.8 and a 400mmf2.8, (4) 550 EX and 1 580E speedlite, and a Speed a tron studio flash system.

dvtldav is offline dPS Forum Member

Thanks for the reply Jim.

I thought I did pretty good for where I was sitting and the fact I have never really shot a game like that before. I am glad I gave up the 100mm of length for the 2 f-stops I got from renting the faster lense. I shot everything in Jpeg so was able to fire several shots off at a time and was able to get the ball in a majority of the shots.

I would like to shoot for the local paper but Fort Wayne has there own group of photogs that have been there for years and the school has there own media department so you can guess who gets to shoot from the school but doing what I did was fun even if we did lose.

David
    Post count does not reflect actual photography knowledge.

Canon 60D, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4, Tamron SP 70-300 f4-5.6, Sigma 70-200 f 2.8

agompert is offline dPS Forum Member

Nice action shots, really crisp images for having such a bad location. Too bad you can't get an actual media pass for this, but it seems like most newspapers already have there own group of photographers. I guess its all about timing.