Close
Close
    gutito1313 is offline I'm new here!

Default car-slow shutter

Hello, This is my first attempt on cars-slow shutter.I'd like your advice.exif data:
    Lens Spec18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR
    Focal Length52.0 mm
    FlashNo Flash
    ISO100

Exposure Time 3''
    I dont know how to use slow shutter so i'd like some advice.Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

veritasimagery is offline I'm one of "those" people

Looks like camera shake going on. Are you using a remote shutter release? Are you using mirror lock-up? If not, then you need to. Also, if you are shooting near the traffic the cars can cause enough wind to shake the camera, even on a tripod. The key is to make sure everything but the car lights are clear and sharp.
    Kevin
    Canon EOS 60D, Canon EOS T3i, Canon A-1, Canon AE-1 Program, Various lenses
    http://500px.com/VeritasImageryNW/photos
    http://veritasimagerynw.smugmug.com/

Biomech is offline World Commended

If you don't have a remote release, you can use the self-timer
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

sk66 is online now Lovable Contrarian

There doesn't seem to be any point of focus in the image...

BexJarratt is offline dPS Forum Member

Looks like a nice first go at getting the technique down, as the others have said there looks like a bit of camera shake. With long exposures on a tripod you probably need to turn off the in camera/lens stabilisation as it can actually introduce vibration into the image. Some tripods have hooks on them, so you can hook your bag or something heavy on to help weigh it down and make it more sturdy.

A clearer, more interesting background would also help, and I find the big street light post on the left a bit distracting.
    Samsung NX5 14.2MP (MILC or CSC) with 18-55mm kit lens. +1, +2, +3 and +10 close up lens. 50-200mm zoom lens. Sigma APO DG 70-300mm (pentax mount with adapter)
    Olympus Mju 790SW Tough P+S
    Husband: "Depth of field calculator? Does that tell you how far down your potatoes are?"

Trader is offline dPS +1000 Club

You did not say what White Balance you had set the camera to. The image is much too yellow.

flickr
    - - Nikon D3S & D300; Nikkor 28-300mm AF-S f/1:3.5-5.6G VR, 50mm f/1.4D, 105mm f/2.8G, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G, 300mm f/2.8G ED AF-S VR IF, Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3, Nikon AF-STC-20Eii 2.0x Teleconverter and 2 SB-900s with reflectors, light stands, LumiQuest Softbox iii, & umbrellas.

BexJarratt is offline dPS Forum Member

The yellow might be on purpose, a correct reflection of the very yellow light some street lights offer.
    Samsung NX5 14.2MP (MILC or CSC) with 18-55mm kit lens. +1, +2, +3 and +10 close up lens. 50-200mm zoom lens. Sigma APO DG 70-300mm (pentax mount with adapter)
    Olympus Mju 790SW Tough P+S
    Husband: "Depth of field calculator? Does that tell you how far down your potatoes are?"