Close
Close
    DoctorP is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Removing powerlines?

I shoot alot around town and I am always trying to get around the ugly powerlines. Does anyone have any tips on how to edit them out of the shot either in Lightroom or Photoshop? I have attached my latest problem photo as an example.
    Attached Images Attached Images

edbayani is offline Senior Citizen

in photoshop, you can use the rubberstamp (clone) tool setting it to the softest and a little bit bigger than the line you are trying to remove and set the opacity to about 40%. click on the line and click again directly above or below the line very close to the line. you can either brush it manually or use the path by setting a path over the line and stroke it with clone tool. hope this helps

Thanks I played with that a little bit last night. Seemed to work good just need some more practice. I will post the same photo after I get rid of the lines so you can see how I did. Thanks for the help

WooD is offline Super Moderator

Clone tools works great most of the time.

I've used the spot healing brush to remove power lines too.

NathanCH is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Thanks I played with that a little bit last night. Seemed to work good just need some more practice. I will post the same photo after I get rid of the lines so you can see how I did. Thanks for the help
    It will take awhile, and perhaps a few sweeps to get correct. One they're gone, you will need to go back and blend the clouds and sky tones using different strengths of brush. It can be tricky, but once you get the hang of it, its not too hard.

I removed power lines from a photo the other day which you can see here:
    Detached from a City

Admittedly, yours looks a bit harder because the sky colors.
    Yet another wanna-be photographer. Contact me @Twitter, Flickr (NathanCH), or my website!

Awesome work on that one. Looks awesome. I am still working on mine. Like you say the colors in my shot are causing me some grief. I will keep fooling with it and see how it goes.

sotelo is offline I'm new here!

I used clone and patch tools, remember that on the high res image you should get much better results.
    I also removed the posts.
    I prefer the patch tool for these type of things.

sotelo
    Nikon D80 | Nikkor 18-55mm | Nikkor 55-200mm | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D | Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D | MB-D80 Grip | SB-800
    Flickr | JPG | myspace | deviantART | J Sotelo

That looks awesome!! That was exactly what I was going for. Very well done!! Now I just have to try it myself to see if I can match it. Thank you very much. I hate powerlines in a photo. Very distracting. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by sotelo View Post
    I used clone and patch tools, remember that on the high res image you should get much better results.
    I also removed the posts.
    I prefer the patch tool for these type of things.

sotelo