Close
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Mis Lissy is offline I'm new here!

Default Removing Blemishes?

I recently took this photograph and absolutely love it! All except for the blemish under her nose. I did change the coloring, and love how it makes everything else look, but it just brings out the spot under her nose... Does anyone know what I could do to help hide it or remove it? Feel free to let me know what you think about the crop and coloring as well.

Photobucket

File Name: Haley.jpg (rename)
    .jpg ok cancel
    File Size: 63 kb - 672 x 495
    Camera Make: OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD
    Camera Model: E-10
    Date/Time: 2009:10:13 09:46:43
    Resolution: 672 x 495
    Flash Used: No
    Focal Length: 15.0mm
    Exposure Time: 0.025 s (1/40)
    Aperture: f/2.0
    ISO Equiv.: 80
    Metering Mode: matrix
    Exposure: program (auto)

zona5101 is offline Molon Labe

A post processing program like Photoshop is the ticket. Photoshop is expensive. BUT there are several free photo editing apllications you can download and experiment with.

gimp is one
    GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

also check out these for having fun with your photos...
    Picnik - Photo editing the easy way, online in your browser
    FotoFlexer - The world's most advanced online photo editor
    Picasa 3: Free download from Google

WooD is offline Super Moderator

I think its a cute image, but on my monitor it looks way to over saturated..

I did a quick edit. I dupped the layer, and cloned the blemishes out some, then erased the areas I didn't want effected.

Then I adjusted the saturation on the entire image -28, then I adjusted just the saturation on the background by -45.

Haley

JoShAdKa4 is offline I'm new here!

Hi Miss Lissy, cute little girl here. I am new at editing myself so I gave it a go, I just removed the blemish without adjusting any colors.

I too am new so I do not feel comfortable giving any critique, except that I do like it. Hope you like my edit, take care.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cindy,

CJWilkes is offline dPS Forum Member

Are you using photoshop? If so you can use the clone tool and it does wonders. The colors seem a bit overly saturated. As for the crop - it can work.
    CJ Wilkes ~ Cindy
    Wife to Nathan, Mother to 5, Photographer

daddyoproductions is offline dPS Forum Member

Default cloning

The clones submitted so far are losing the shadow definition needed on that upper lip and so that's why they're coming out not looking quite right. It is a hard area to clone since it's not flat. You have to add some definition back in. I use CS4 so not sure how to do it in other programs, but the patch tool is my fave, or copying layers and masking the skin back in. I rarely use the clone tool except to minimize wrinkles anymore. If you post the original I could give it a go (we always do retouch before playing with colours and exposure).

jegoldston is offline I'm new here!

Default combination of ways...

I use Photoshop Elements 7. To fix blemishes, I use a combination of the self-healing tool, the sampled self-healing tool, and the sampled clone tool (at a lower opacity). it takes a while for things that are this pronounced, but if you are patient, you can make it look just right with the original shadows in the right places. Many times, I will use the clone tool (watch your opacity), then use the self-healing to fix any strange edges.

If you don't use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, then I can't help you except to say that there are great ways to fix blemishes in every program - you just have to know your program well enough.

The color is pretty saturated, and while it makes most of the colors pop, it also brings out the red around the blemishes and around the eyes, making this sweet child look rather sad, IMHO. In this case, I would select certain areas of the face or the whole face and make a new layer to reduce the RED saturation...and then go back and use the self-healing and clone tools.

NOTE: ...All the while making sure the opacity of the layer is just right...you literally have to play with the opacity of your tools and layers to get it JUST right. And it will take some time, as I mentioned before. A quick fix will work, but, as stated above by someone else, it will look..."not right."

I hope you figure it out!! Let us know what program you used once you get going.
    best wishes,
    j

k9mom is offline dPS Forum Member

Here's my attempt at it...using CS4:
    1) desaturated slightly
    2) duplicated layer
    3) Used healing brush extensively to remove blemishes and uneven spots around nose, mouth, eyes and for a couple other spot blemishes.
    4) Used dodge tool to lighten dark areas under eyes, lower lip and facial creases.
    5) Adjusted vibrance settings
    6) Applied warming filter to warm up facial skin tones
    7) Used dodge tool to slightly lighten irises
    8) Used dodge tool to slightly lighten whites of eyes.

iHaley

Mis Lissy is offline I'm new here!

Here is a link to the original image.
    PA132908.jpg picture by MisLissy - Photobucket

andre1 is offline I'm new here!

Question

Here is my attempt using Photo Studio 6. I like using the airbrush to remove blemishes even though my package does have a Face Beatify function. The automatic function tends to soften the details to much, but that is only my personal feeling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 Last