Close
Close
    Kaeman is offline I'm new here!

Default Best RAW to JPEG converter.

So I forgot to change the file from RAW to JPEG while shooting and I want to upload some photos on to Facebook and they need to be in JPEG so whats the best converter for that?
    Weapon of Choices: Cannon EOS Rebel XSi

yanarefik44 is offline I'm new here!

so hi, did u ever find out how to do that? i have almost the same prob. i did a photo shot for somr friend of mine and i took them in RAW as that is what i use. but i also use an IMAC with photoshope eliments 6. well they want a cd of all the pic and i dont know how to get them over to JPEG, so they can use them on a reg pc, and print them. do u have any info on this?
    Nikon D40x SLR ( my pried and joy)
    no cool speed lights yet, and just a reg 18-55mm lens for now
    i hope
    live your life to the fullest, no one else will!http://www.flickr.com/photos/33350623@N07/

Kaeman is offline I'm new here!

yeah I got it all figured out. I didn't know that Adobe Lightroom converted the files to JPEG so its all good now.
    Weapon of Choices: Cannon EOS Rebel XSi

bobby62914 is offline dPS Forum Member

Irfanview, the incredible free viewer available from irfanview.com, will easily convert from RAW to JPEG with the RAW plug-in (also available for free from the same website).

If you haven't used Irfanview, I recommend it. Will never be your only imaging software but is certainly useful for doing several basic manipulations quickly.

BobbyMayberry.com

Canon 40D, Grip, 580 EXII, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 (more)...

digirebelva is offline Wondering Where I Am

The best raw converter in reality is going to be the one that came with your camera..who knows more about the raw format...the person (or company) who wrote the format or a third party using a generic converter who is going to make some assumptiions in the conversion..

PhotographySavvy: RAW vs JPEG: A Basic Overview

"The biggest advantage to using the OEM's RAW converter is it's able to read encrypted metadata that third-party converters don't have access to, including your camera's settings for color, noise reduction, sharpening and other image processing parameters. Third-party RAW convertors generally give you more control overall but aren't able to read your camera settings and provide their own "default" conversion"
    Camera Stuff....nuff said

Flickr | Fine Art America | T.A. Wilson Photography

Parry is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobby62914 View Post
    Irfanview, the incredible free viewer available from irfanview.com, will easily convert from RAW to JPEG with the RAW plug-in (also available for free from the same website).

If you haven't used Irfanview, I recommend it. Will never be your only imaging software but is certainly useful for doing several basic manipulations quickly.
    i have a portable version of infraview on my portable HD that i carry with my camera, so can view the RAW files when not at my own computer...
    Site : http://www.pazza.biz
    Camera : Canon 5d Mk ii

SerjG is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeman View Post
    So I forgot to change the file from RAW to JPEG while shooting and I want to upload some photos on to Facebook and they need to be in JPEG so whats the best converter for that?
    Kaeman, you may be able to use Ivan Image Converter to convert your Digital Camera Raw files to JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG, GIF, etc. (more than 40 image formats), also in batch mode or command line.

Supported Digital Cameras: Canon, Fuji, Kodak, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, Panasonic, Sigma, Ricoh, Mamiya, etc.

more info here: Ivan Image Converter - The perfect solution for instant, hassle-free processing of all your images.

EvePhotography is offline I'm new here!

Default sTEP BY STEP

can anyone do a step by step on how to convert RAW to JPEG using irfanview please

theroommate is offline I'm new here!

Hi, everyone! I have the same problem with the RAW format and i've just downloaded the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1. Unfortunately, I don't really know how to work with it and if someone tell me how to convert the photo from RAW to JPEG I'll be very thankful

RichardTaylor is online now dPS +1000 Club

It's under Menu/File/Export.....
    Lot's of choices.