Close
Close
    jrossh21 is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Senior picture font for names/year

I'm adding my clients' name to their wallet sized senior pictures. I wanted to get some opinions on the font I should use and if I should tilt it a little or just have it straight across. Thanks in advance! Any samples would be nice to see
    OK to re-edit and re-post my photos on the DPS forums only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrossh21

: Canon 40D : Currently lensless

smc1377 is offline Critique | Share My Shots Moderator

I'm wondering why you don't just ask your customer. After all, isn't it their opinion that matters the most?

waffles is offline Critique Moderator

Working off of what smc1377 said, it is important what the client wants. But I'd still go into the discussion with a few ideas of possible fonts.

Not that I have anything in mind right now though. I'll look and come back later to tell you.
    Canon Rebel XT or Nikon Coolpix L3. Flickr | The Photo Blog | Radio | Blog

If you're going to edit, please make your edit private. I don't want my stuff floating around in other people's photostreams.

rikkersc is offline dPS Forum Member

One suggestion is to have several styles to choose from and let your client choose. Have samples of the choices you want to offer and let them decide which one is their favorite.
    Camera:Canon 300D, Canon 30D Lenses:Canon EFS 18-55mm 3.5-5.6|Sigma 70-300mm 4-5.6 APO Macro| Bower AF Superwide .42x fisheyeOther:Sunpak PF30X external flash

Quote Originally Posted by rikkersc View Post
    One suggestion is to have several styles to choose from and let your client choose. Have samples of the choices you want to offer and let them decide which one is their favorite.
    Methinks that this is what he was trying to do and so he wanted suggestions from us.

Quote Originally Posted by smc1377 View Post
    Methinks that this is what he was trying to do and so he wanted suggestions from us.
    Correct. I have hundreds of fonts I could use, but I don't know which ones to offer my clients. I wanted to get some opinions on some fonts other people are using. Thanks for your help!

We just haven't been much help here, huh?

My thinking is to go with something simple, like some sort of brushed script that isn't too overly fancy. As a designer, a pet peeve of mine is when someone wants to use some gawd awful scripty font that's hard to read and think that it's some cool design. I like simple fonts. Not like Times New Roman simple, but simple and elegant.

NaturesPixel is offline Super User

i dont know if you have a MAC or PC but on my mac i like monotype Corsiva and Zapfino One fonts... both very ellegant but simple...
    Cheers
    Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
    Little pixels from my world . Flickr

I have monotype corsiva and I actually like it, thanks for the suggestion. I'm running a little short on time with this client, so I'm going to see if she likes this font. I'm still up for some suggestions ... keep em coming