Close
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Life in Motion is offline dPS Forum Member
    heart of the beautiful ozarks in Missouri

Question Ideas for Surrogate maternity/newborn photoshoot

Hello everyone! I have been asked to do a very emotional/special photoshoot. The pregnant momma is a surrogate, the baby to be's "grandmother"....she is carying the baby for her Son and his Wife! The son's wife is unable to have children, due to having had a hysterectomy when she was young. I'm honored they are trusting me with capturing such special moments for them all. But the complex posing / tasteful ideas needed has me on edge and a little nervous lol. Plus the family wanting to give the shoot to them as a gift certificate at a babyshower this weekend just called me yesterday about the job. The pregnant grandmother is due next month! So i just have a week or two at the most to get ready for the maternity shoot . I just want to do such a great job for them and do the situation justice. I want you to look at the pics and know exactly what the special situation is!

Has anyone else ever seen any images from a situation similar involving surrogates???? i would GREATLY appreciate any ideas or examples........I am in need of some quick inspiration .

thanks in advance!
    ***Charity***

updated recent to a Canon 50D-50mm 1.8(on my camera all the time), (studio)one off camera flash unit Vivitar 285HV(this flash (bought for $55 on amazon) plus a shoot through umbrella/softbox plus ... I now have two Vivitars instudio

SusanH1970 is offline Am I in trouble again?

Hey Charity! What an awesome opportunity. I did a quick search on Flickr and this one in particular stood out to me - I'm sure you can build on it; i.e. both parents with hands on surrogate's belly, etc.

A. Bilger photography | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And might I add...that is one awesome grandma. I'd do the same for my kids if they needed me to (and I was young and healthy enough!). Amazing!

ETA: A google image search turned up this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=surro...2&tx=112&ty=45

One other idea...have the surrogate and the mom face each other in profile, big belly to small belly, but holding hands and looking at each other for one shot, and at the big belly for another. Have the dad in there, too.

Just my .02!
    Last edited by SusanH1970; 01-18-2012 at 02:45 AM.
    Susan
    Mostly Canon stuff
    My Flickr
    Facebook - new photos always posted and always happy for new "likes"!
    Website going through an overhaul!

dmann is offline ...

Wow what an awesome family.

I would think a shot with the belly (clothed with the Mom/Grandmothers head NOT in the shot) collaged with a shot of the to be parents would be nice.

That is just what came to mind. I LOVE the second link on Susans post.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/manning_photography/
    https://www.facebook.com/desireemann...ography?ref=hl

I feel as though I look like Kelvin Swaby when singing in my car, when in fact I don't, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanH1970 View Post
    Hey Charity! What an awesome opportunity. I did a quick search on Flickr and this one in particular stood out to me - I'm sure you can build on it; i.e. both parents with hands on surrogate's belly, etc.

A. Bilger photography | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And might I add...that is one awesome grandma. I'd do the same for my kids if they needed me to (and I was young and healthy enough!). Amazing!

ETA: A google image search turned up this:

Redirect Notice

One other idea...have the surrogate and the mom face each other in profile, big belly to small belly, but holding hands and looking at each other for one shot, and at the big belly for another. Have the dad in there, too.

Just my .02!
    YAY for Susan !!! you definitely got my creative wheel a turning!!!! Exactly what i needed girl! thanks sooooo much I was at a creative block point, thanks for the lift.

woohoo finally getting excited not nervous

And i know it's so awesome, i have had that talk with my mom that i would do it too for my family if need be ever. I just think it is miraculous what they can do these days!

Quote Originally Posted by dmann View Post
    Wow what an awesome family.

I would think a shot with the belly (clothed with the Mom/Grandmothers head NOT in the shot) collaged with a shot of the to be parents would be nice.

That is just what came to mind. I LOVE the second link on Susans post.
    thanks for your comment! definitely helping my creative block bouncing ideas around!!!
    ***Charity***

updated recent to a Canon 50D-50mm 1.8(on my camera all the time), (studio)one off camera flash unit Vivitar 285HV(this flash (bought for $55 on amazon) plus a shoot through umbrella/softbox plus ... I now have two Vivitars instudio

Default follow up!

Hey there, just had my surrogate maternity shoot this weekend!!! and wanted to share a few of my ideas i came up with for the maternity shoot! Her due date is right around valentines day so i came up with this for a slight themed series. I had this idea of a heart sucker with the words Be Mine on it, fitting for both the surrogate situation and valentines day i thought . But couldn't find a sucker like that soooo i MADE this one hahhaha. i did others but Wanted to share right away and haven't done any editing yet lol . But just wanted to add a follow up, i will probably add more to SYS of the shoot when I have more time to edit my faves!

Thanks for looking!

2012-02-5
    Last edited by Life in Motion; 02-06-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    ***Charity***

a few more examples with all 3 persons hands in a heart shape...one with contrasty light and same pose closer up with light and airy lighting

IMG_9799-3

IMG_9793-2
    ***Charity***

You did a GREAT job on these!
    Susan
    Mostly Canon stuff
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by SusanH1970 View Post
    You did a GREAT job on these!
    Thanks susan!! i really appreciate the comment! I took some like you talked about too with the mom and surrogate holding hands facing each other etc....thanks for the ideas!
    ***Charity***

Quote Originally Posted by Life in Motion View Post
    Thanks susan!! i really appreciate the comment! I took some like you talked about too with the mom and surrogate holding hands facing each other etc....thanks for the ideas!
    Looks like you knocked it out of the park. They will be thrilled, I'm sure, Charity. I'd love to see more if you can post them.
    Susan
    Mostly Canon stuff
    My Flickr

polarismagic is offline dPS Forum Member

Great job on these pics. I would love to see more also. I have my very first maternity shoot this weekend. What software did you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last