Close
Close
Page 3 of 14 First 1234513 ... Last
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Wedding Photography

Haeretik is offline dPS Forum Member

I was asked last week by a friend... I said no thanks, he's going to bug me in a month he said... man, after reading this thread - a lot of good tips and pointers, but I think I'll still be teetering on the no side! Gah...
    ~Haeretik
    Sites: my photo blog | my flickr
    Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon Digital Rebel XTi (400D), Canon EF 24-105 f/4L, Canon EFS 18-55mm, Canon Zoom EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 III, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Speedlight 480EX

JMBull is offline I'm new here!

I did a wedding last year and it was the only one I have ever done and the one thing that I think helped me was to have a assistant. She made things go so much easier for me. I felt inadequate because I only have a advanced point and shoot camera but I have a couple of teleconverter lens and it really helped. I don't know if I will ever do another wedding but it sure taught me a lot of things. You have a lot of good advice here.

case is offline dPS Forum Member

one trick i picked up having the photos done at my own wedding is this: for the portraits of the wedding party in between the ceremony and reception, have the bride and groom make a list ahead of time to give to you of what shots they want. (i.e. bride/groom, bride/groom/bridesmaids, bride/bridesmaids, etc...) when this time comes, everybody you are taking pictures of will be more interested in getting to the reception than posing for you, so it helps to be very organized and know you are getting all the shots they want and not wasting time taking extras. you can also order the list ahead of time to ensure you spend the least possible amount of time changing people. (like, if there are 7 different shots with the groomsmen, group all those together.) you can also consider things like taking pictures including young kids first before they get bored.
    Case
    okay to edit and repost my pics on dps only

WooD is offline Super Moderator

Don't people have wedding rehearsals anymore? Every wedding I've ever been in has had a wedding rehearsal. If I was shooting a wedding, and they had one. You could plan out, and practice every shot of the actual wedding ceremony.

rickysu is offline dPS Forum Member

this is a great thread... nice post

cmyers is offline I'm new here!

This is great stuff! I'm shooting my first big wedding this fall and am trying to figure out what exactly I need to do. Threads like this are very helpful

charliere is offline dPS Forum Member

Great tips, sometimes the equipment its secundary, the actitude and your eyes tell you when its the perfect moment to press the button.

Canon Rebel XT, Sigma 70-300/4-5.6 DG * Sigma 15/2.8 EX Fisheye Diagonal * Sigma 12-24/4.5-5.6EX DG * Canon 28-90/4-5.6 III

ditch_azeroth is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WooD View Post
    Don't people have wedding rehearsals anymore? Every wedding I've ever been in has had a wedding rehearsal. If I was shooting a wedding, and they had one. You could plan out, and practice every shot of the actual wedding ceremony.
    just proves to show how people are so in love these days that they can't wait... can't afford to see a bump on the tummy when she walks down the aisle. lol.

augustns is offline I'm new here!

I asked my novice friend to photograph my wedding and he had no idea how to take pictures in dim and candlelight (it was a night wedding on the lake with lots of candles) and I only got two ugly shots of my wedding the rest were pictures of real pretty blurs.

Also, remember that yeah your friends would be utterly upset if they didn't get those overly abused posed pictures but remember that candid photos of the bride and groom either before or after the ceremony (all in love staring lovingly into each other eyes) will be the ones hanging on the wall and rest will be in a album, guarantee!!!

As always remember to take extra batteries and memory cards and please, please take a thousand pictures and prayerfully you'll get a lot of pics!

Good Luck

Dajavue is offline I'm new here!

I had the same situation happen to me and I think the shooting went well, now I just don't know what to do about making them look like wedding photos in post production.

Page 3 of 14 First 1234513 ... Last