Close
Close
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    SusanH1970 is offline Am I in trouble again?

Talking My one year anniversary of joining DPS

I just realized that I joined this fabulous community one year ago today. Who'd a thunk that in one year, I'd learn so much about photography, post processing, and the business aspects that I'd have my own business now? I certainly didn't!

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice, answered questions, helped me with problems, and critiqued my work. I have made so many friends here and you are all so special to me.

I thought a fun little comparison in how I've grown would be fun. Laugh along with me!

Taken January 24, 2009. I thought this was brilliant! How's the muddy BW conversion, the harsh pop-up flash, and the pinlights? Sheesh.....
    My Girl

Taken March 30, 2009. Um, white balance problems, anyone??? And don't forget focus issues. Way to go, me! LOL

Lucy & Ethel hugs

Taken September 23, 2009. Intro to studio lighting...By George, I think I'm starting to get it????
    img_4910b

Taken December 6, 2009. Almost a year of shooting and I'm finally starting to figger this thing called photography out.
    re-edited.

I've been seeing so many new folks here, so excited about learning this maddening, wonderful art, and just wanted to say, be patient. If I can do it, anyone can. Read, study, ask questions, shoot, shoot some more, practice post processing, and shoot some more. It's a never ending journey and a constant learning process. I can't wait to continue digging in and learning even more...I'm not even close to where I want to be yet.

Thank you all...I can't wait to see where I'll be next year. Hugs to friends, old and new.

As always, thanks for looking. :-)
    Last edited by SusanH1970; 01-20-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Susan
    Mostly Canon stuff
    My Flickr
    Facebook - new photos always posted and always happy for new "likes"!
    Website going through an overhaul!

VegasMike is offline dPS +1000 Club

Congrats on your 1 year. I think you are an amazing portrait photographer and I always enjoy looking at the photos you share. You always have such positive comments and a willingness to share your technique so that those of us with less skills may try and learn from your work. Thanks!

Mike
    My camera, some lenses, and other stuff

Flickr

Hayward Taylor is offline Tama Samoa

HI Susan and congratulations on your anniversary ... we all have a come a long way baby
    DSLR -Nikon D300 - Pentax K20D
    POINT 'n' SHOOT - Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ-150 - Nikon Coolpix P7000 - Canon PowerShot S90
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/97253820@N05/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9165063@N06/

seethelight is offline I'm new here!

Default inspirational

Thank you for sharing your anniversary. It is inspiring to this newbie. I did some practicing yesterday. Everything was covered in white and it was fabulous outside, so I went out to take pictures.

If you want to take a look, here is the link to my set and comments/suggestions are welcome.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seethel...7623119685051/

ambrya_nell is offline dPS Forum Member

Thanks for the inspiration.... i hope to do this professionally someday also...... Your pictures are beautiful.

seethelight is offline I'm new here!

Default studio lighting

Your portraits are great BTW.

On the portrait that says "intro to studio lighting," what did you buy for your lighting?

Congrats on your 1 year.

picnik is offline dPS +1000 Club

Congratulations Susan... Happy DPS Anniversary

Wow... you sure have come a long way... you are a fantastic portrait photographer and
    I look forward to learning much more from you and everyone else here.

Thanks for the inspiration

atulsc is offline dPS Forum Member
    Mumbai (on job), Mangalore(where I belong) -India

Congratulations, Definitely you have made the best of your stay in DPS, awesome Susan. In a cuple of months i'll be completing my first year here, i think its time I look back and assess myself now

muralikrishna is offline dPS Forum Member

Congratulations Susan .... long way to go .
    Nikon - NIKON D90 + Kit lense , Nikkor 55 MM AFD Micro Lens , Nikkor 55-300 MM
    " When you photograph people in color you photograph their clothes ,but when you photograph people in B&W you photograph their souls ! "
    My flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamnikon

pjflan7 is offline dPS +1000 Club

wait a minute! my portraits look like your first shot.....all I have is my pop up flash.....and pin lights.....I guess that is why I have not ventured into people photography....indoors......outdoors to a certain extent if on an overcast day...but that's it......a guy that works for me at Lowe's asked me the day before yesterday if I would be so kind as to shoot his wedding.....I just about crapped in my pants......fortunately, they are thinking outdoors.....very low key......not a fancy church wedding...he just wants pictures to remember the event by....but I am still frightened out of my mind......oh well, I'll get over it. Susan, you came on a month before me so I consider you to be one of the "old" gang that hung out before dps exploded......it has been harder to maintain contact but you are part of that family and I know that you know what I mean......we were only a handful at the time......It has been great watching you grow and I have got to go get some diapers as I try to figure what I am going to do for this guy......
    Patrick
    Nikon D40x; Canon sd770is P&S
    Nikon 18mm-55mm and 55-200mm kit lenses, Nikon 50mm f1.8, OLD Nikon 105mm micro f 2.8
    "All of that beauty is out there somewhere...you just have to get out there and capture it!" PLF

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last