Close
Close
    PhotosByFerrell is offline One shot at a time

Default Family Pictures Help

Here is a photo that was taken, I an not fond of the backdrop being that visible I have tried with PS10 to no luck. I have the raw file and my computer with the editor on it is currently down, is anyone good enough to help me fix this photo please?
    Please Help Thank you

I do have the raw, tell me how and where to put a raw file and you can grab it

IMG_7375

kevingeary is offline dPS Forum Member

What is the background? All I see is a little smudge toward the top right section that could be cloned out in 2 seconds.

Next time I'd suggest working on your framing. The dad is already super tall and you put the girl taller than him, which left mom drowning in the bottom of the frame.

GTI
    GTI is offline dPS Forum Member

Hi,

what do you want doing with the background? You say you are not fond of it being that visible... do you want to swap it with another one??

PhotosByFerrell is offline One shot at a time

The background is a muslan (Black Sheet) and I'd like to drown it out a bit more unless you all think it looks ok. These pictures were takin by my 18 year old brother who should have know to look at the screen better when shooting. I can adjust the setting on the camera but without raw editor its difficult. So I just want the black background more black and not able to tell it is a sheet.....

autofocus is offline I'm old here...

A relatively simple fix in Photoshop..Selective Color layer>Black>slider all the way to the right>Neutral >black slider all the way to the right> create a mask and paint over the subjects to bring them back to original state
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vince "...the law of unintended consequences, sometimes, you get a truly memorable photograph"
    Gear: Canon G2, Canon 20D, Nikon D300...bunch of lenses
    My Flickr
    www.montalbanophotography.com

PearlTigress is offline Rebel Child

I agree that the background is a problem. On my laptop screen I can see not only the draping (which could be okay) but a horizontal crease (not so okay) right in the center. I hear something about putting the subjects further away from the backdrop so the backdrop doesn't pick up the flash light and stays nice and dark, but I don't know much yet so you might want to look into that. The fix that PP "autofocus" did looks much better than what you started with so that's a possible solution for you Cute family!
    Canon T3i. 50mm f/1.8. 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6. Speedlite. Reflector. Canon SX50.

More importantly...
    Love of learning. Passion. Dedication. Creativity. Openness. Love.
    www.facebook.com/Molligraphy

Trader is offline dPS +1000 Club

Aside from the background, the posing bothers me. I think it would be a much better photo if the daughter was held at the same level as the Mom.

flickr
    - - Nikon D3S & D300; Nikkor 28-300mm AF-S f/1:3.5-5.6G VR, 50mm f/1.4D, 105mm f/2.8G, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G, 300mm f/2.8G ED AF-S VR IF, Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3, Nikon AF-STC-20Eii 2.0x Teleconverter and 2 SB-900s with reflectors, light stands, LumiQuest Softbox iii, & umbrellas.

autofocus is offline I'm old here...

Default ????

Hey, I received your email with the attachment, did the fix for you, and sent it back to you...did you get it??? And your website link is broken..what's up with that?
    Vince "...the law of unintended consequences, sometimes, you get a truly memorable photograph"
    Gear: Canon G2, Canon 20D, Nikon D300...bunch of lenses
    My Flickr
    www.montalbanophotography.com