Close
Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    pjflan7 is offline dPS +1000 Club

Default 6000 posts?? But I am an introvert!

Well here I am at last at 6000 posts and I am not impressed! I used to be ahead of Leona and now she is like 6000 posts ahaed of me......so who's the talkative one around here??? I joined here a year ago...My anniversary will be on the 28th...4 days from now....might as well celebrate it now.......Shooting has been a little slow lately due to crappy weather, snow and a general malaise.......now if something would start popping out of the ground!
    The 1st shot is the result of boredom.......just sitting in my car looking for something to shoot....my wedding ring looks like it has been to hell and back......really need to take it to a jeweler and have it buffed out

IMG_1189

Here's some fungus growing on the side of a log...always like seeing the rings of color in them

DSC_0814

Here is some pods that used to contain some cool looking seeds.....now just spent containers hanging on.

DSC_0822

I owe this color to my daughter's boyfriend who brought her some flowers for Valentines day.....good boy....

IMG_1229
    Patrick
    Nikon D40x; Canon sd770is P&S
    Nikon 18mm-55mm and 55-200mm kit lenses, Nikon 50mm f1.8, OLD Nikon 105mm micro f 2.8
    "All of that beauty is out there somewhere...you just have to get out there and capture it!" PLF

VegasMike is offline dPS +1000 Club

Congrats, Patrick on 6K! Nice set to share it with. I've been here 1 year today and just recently went over 1000 posts. It's unbelievable how some folks have 10k and up!
    My camera, some lenses, and other stuff

Flickr

zona5101 is offline Molon Labe

Congrats! That's awesome!!!

yousf ali is offline dPS Forum Member

lovely pics , i like no. 3 and 4 .

mpascal is offline dPS +1000 Club

Congrats on reaching 6K Patrick, that is an awesome acheivement. I've been on about 8 months and I'll be lucky to reach 2K by my one year anniversary. Anyway that is a wonderful macro shot of your ring, first congrats to your jeweller,that thing looks like it took a licking and kept on ticking, secondly you captured it well in this photo. Very good detail
    Michael
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    Canon 7D: Various Canon and Sigma lenses
    www.flickr.com/photos/26713745@N08

audrey-g is offline dPS Forum Member

congrats on 6k patrick. i have been almost a year too but didn't even make it to 1000! it doesn't matter how many posts you have, you are still one of the best guys in here. you share your story with us and that is what makes dps a family, not numbers!!
    beautiful shots for celebrating, especially the last. i also love the seed pods, they still emit beauty even after their work is done....and i should say that's a precious ring that has walked with you for long sharing your joys and sorrows and it's worn with memories...
    ------------------------------------------
    my flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38013528@N05/

Chewys Dad is offline dPS +1000 Club
    Jinju South Korea for work, but Thailand is my Home

Congratulations Patrick, Your still 2000+ ahead of me.
    I like your shares today, I agree on the fungus, I like the rings in them, we get some interesting ones here in the spring and summer.
    Thanks for sharing these my Friend!
    Michael.
    “Moses today”
    “I will now take my Canon and turn aside and capture this great sight, why the bush does not burn. Exodus 3-3 (paraphrased)
    Please visit: My Flkr

StevesShots is offline dPS +1000 Club

Congratulations Patrick on your 6,000 posts!!, very well done, I always enjoy your threads but find it hard getting around this forum now and commenting on most, great shots BTW, cheers Steve.
    Steve

Panasonic DMC-TZ7, DMC-FZ35, Canon 1000D, Sigma 600mm mirror, 50mm, 80-200mm,28-200mm, 18-55mm,35-70mm28-90mm,70-210 Soligor,Fisheye, Cokin filters/2x converters.

dvetter is offline dPS +1000 Club

Hello Patrick, congrats on # 6000. I wouldn't worry to much about the numbers my friend, it is all good and fun. Your a great asset here at dps that is all that matters my friend. Lov the shot of the flower! Duane
    I've learned to put ego aside and understand your only as good as your last shot. Maynard Switzer

EOS Canon Rebel XS EF-S 18-55mm 1:3 5-5 6 IS | EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34586068@N03/

chalkie7 is offline dPS +1000 Club

6k...now that's a big number..lol!! Just think how many you'd be upto if you was an extrovert?! Great series to mark this occasion too...I'm really drawn to the third shot especially. Glad you're not a total shrinking violet or we would have missed out on so many great submissions. All the best, Mark.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last