Close
Close
    Stirlingdesigns is offline dPS Forum Member

Default How did i merge the photos by accident ????

Part of the original question was how to do get a photograph with multiple poses (because OsmosisSudios answered that first part - thanks OsmosisStudios!) - but please ignore this part!

Yesterday I was trying to figure out how to batch process 160 RAW photos down to web size (i did figure it out eventually)

- I copied the photos from Bridge into a folder on my desktop - I then somehow opened 3/4 of the photos up in CS4 - I was playing around with the image processor (I think) - I know it was on the down File menu (this was "before" I looked for directions)

- somehow whatever i pressed (it was not panorama because i didn't load anything into another screen) started to combine the pictures 3 or 4 at a time

- I had to take a phone call and when I came back I had sets of long pictures - it was exported back to Bridge and the file name was panosDC1234 as the pictures were numbered!

So I ended up chucking everything after and starting over (after I read how to do this) - BUT on my way into work I thought about how great it would be to have several pictures combined into one and all the possibilities and uses I could find for this - and like an experiment I didn't write down I can't figure out what I did!!!

So my question for you gurus out there is can you figure out what I did from my sad little story or am I just mental in thinking I can recreate this!

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!
    Last edited by Stirlingdesigns; 09-21-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Revised question
    Diane
    Nikon D60
    18-55 and 70-300
    CS4 for processing
    Flickr

OsmosisStudios is offline Don't Panic

If youre talking about the kind of thing where the same person is in several places in a scene, then that's fairly easy. Just set the camera up on a tripod with a wireless remote or a timer, lock the focus, and take a picture of the blank room. Then take a picture for each individual pose you want. Once youve got that, open them all up in photoshop and, with the blank room as a base layer, simply select the person from each frame and past them into the blank room image on separate layers.
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    adammontpetit.com
    Gear List
    500PX | Graphic Design

Stirlingdesigns is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Myster

Thanks for the insights into how to do the 1 person many poses thing - that answers one mystery!

Now for the second mystery as to how I was able to montage several photos together -

ONE thing I forgot to mention in the above post is that when I went to look at the pictures in

CS4 they were layered and had bits cut out of them to make them fit - 4 or 5 pictures each

with a [FONT="Arial Black"]separate layer and a mask
    Diane
    Nikon D60
    18-55 and 70-300
    CS4 for processing
    Flickr