Close
Close
    A_photographer 28 is offline I'm new here!

Default Canon Digital Photo Professional

I received a Rebel T1i as a gift a few weeks ago, however I didn't receive the Digital Photo Professional program (for processing RAW photos). Is there a way to buy or download the program directly from Canon? Or are there any other "trustworthy" websites where I can download it?

Thanks a ton!

VegasMike is offline dPS +1000 Club

You can download the software from the Canon website.
    My camera, some lenses, and other stuff

Flickr

inkista is offline Gear Geek Girl

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMike View Post
    You can download the software from the Canon website.
    Aaaactually, I'm not sure that's correct. You can download updates to DPP, but DPP itself, I think you need the cd. I might be wrong.
    I shoot with a Canon 5DmkII, 50D, and S90, and Pansonic GX-7. flickr stream and equipment list

khiloa is offline dPS Forum Member

You can download the update version from Canon's website, and use trickery to install the full version from the "update" installer. Check this page.

VegasMike is offline dPS +1000 Club

Quote Originally Posted by inkista View Post
    Aaaactually, I'm not sure that's correct. You can download updates to DPP, but DPP itself, I think you need the cd. I might be wrong.
    My mistake. You are correct that the Canon website offers only the updates.
    My camera, some lenses, and other stuff

Flickr

ArmySoldier777 is offline dPS +1000 Club

I had to find a torrent of it and update that. I don't understand why they stopped allowing you to download the full version off of their website like you could in the past. It's not like they're going to lose money over All the people out there who are just dying to have their Amazing raw editing software <-that was sarcasm if you missed it
    David
    Equipment
    Camera: Canon 6D | Lens: Canon 24-105 F/4L , 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8, Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Flashes : 430EX II, YN-560 II x 3 | Tripod: Manfrotto 055XProB / 498RC2 Ballhead
    Portfolio, Flickr

stillcrazy is offline After all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier777 View Post
    It's not like they're going to lose money over All the people out there who are just dying to have their Amazing raw editing software <-that was sarcasm if you missed it
    Agreed, I was left underwhelmed by DPP, but it's better than not having anything. I am now using Digikam and I've found it's more powerful than I first realized. It will handle RAW files, and the features are fairly extensive. It has a light table that I find very useful. It's opensourse software, and costs nothing to use or download. It's mainly used on Linux, which I my main OS, but there is a Windows version available too.

Installing a package | digiKam - Photo Management Program

A_photographer 28 is offline I'm new here!

Default Update download from Canon

Quote Originally Posted by khiloa View Post
    You can download the update version from Canon's website, and use trickery to install the full version from the "update" installer. Check this page.
    I clicked onto the link that you gave me. It says that you need to first download the update from Canon. I'm having trouble finding the page with the link to download the update. Can anyone send me the proper link to the download? Thanks!

Jdflute is offline dPS Forum Member

The update is actually the full programme, you just have to fool the computer into thinking that you have the full software installed already. Search via google and you will find different instructions for doing it depending on your operating system. I did it for my Mac though I'm not sure why I bothered.

Go to this page on the canon website and from the drop down box select your operating system, don't worry about the fact that it is for a Canon 5d, the software is the same for all.

Jd
    Last edited by Jdflute; 09-19-2012 at 03:58 AM.
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM, Canon EF 100mm Macro f2.8 USM L, Canon EF 35-350mm f3.5-5.6 USM L Tokina AT-X PRO 20-35mm f2.8

My flickr photostream