Close
Close
    giovannamorton is offline www.giovannamorton.com

Default Tequilla Pic - Bring on your thoughts please!

Hi everyone, new to the site and love it!

Looking forward to your thoughts on this. Don't hold back as I need to learn.

This is called "The Devil Made Me Do It!"

The Devil Made Me Do It

Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T2i
    F-stop: f 3.6
    Exposure: 1/13
    ISO: 3200
    No Flash
    Focal length: 18mm

I'm afraid i didn't leave much in my last email after reading the rules, realizing that I wasn't specifice enough. I took this picture in my kitchen without too much light. I used a black posterboard for the background and set the items on a piece of glitter black posterboard. No flash was used for this one but you can see a glare from my light over head in the kitchen. I also used gold glitter to represent salt (and match the color of the tequilla).

Did you find the picture jumped out at you?
    Was the focus on the shot glass pronounced?
    I found my biggest challenge with this shot was the lighting,

Any critique would be so appreciated! thank you!

Hill Country Hack is offline dPS +1000 Club

What was your intent on the shot? For me, if it was the shotglass, I would have that in the sharpest focus with the bottle softer as are the limes and "salt". If the glass is the focus, you did well by not centering it. The "salt" provides a leading line into the picture. It is a bit cramped for my taste. Could you have used a flashlight/torch to illuminate the glass better?

The seam between the black board and the board on the flat surface is showing in the left of the frame.

I like the idea, just needs some tweaking. Keep at it.

HCH thank you for your thoughts on the pic! I am extremely novice at this so your critique was appreciated. You are my first critique by the way. It made me look at the detail differently.

I did not try a flashlight as I didn't think of the idea to do so but will definitely give it another try.

The idea of this came from this weeks assignment "Composition: Odd numbers". My intention was for your eye to look at the shotglass first (its one of my favorites that we collect), then the tequilla, and then the limes to leave you with an afterthought (if that makes sense?)

In looking at the pic again, I agree that I could have done a much better job for the blackboard placement. I will work on that.

Thank you again! More to come....i'm hooked!