Close
Close
    Dziki Photography is offline I'm new here!

Default iPhone 4s Camera

Hi guys,

Now I do realize that it is not a professional digital camera but a digital camera nevertheless

I just wanted to see if other people are getting good results with their iPhones because I know I am! To be honest I was very surprised to see that the pictures turn out kind of great.

Here is a link to 2 shots I took on Trafalgar Square, London this winter.
    Photography Here and There: Frozen London

What do you think?

Gabriela
    Last edited by Dziki Photography; 03-07-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Adding photos directly to the thread rather than a link.

Sweetlifephoto is offline Photographer / Artist

Those are nice. I use my iPhone camera a great deal and have sold quite a few iPhone images over the last couple of years. It is a fun camera that is always handy and you know what they say - the best camera is the one you have with you ...

Dziki Photography is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlifephoto View Post
    Those are nice. I use my iPhone camera a great deal and have sold quite a few iPhone images over the last couple of years. It is a fun camera that is always handy and you know what they say - the best camera is the one you have with you ...
    Thank you
    It's kind of amazing that you have managed to sell the iPhone photos! I wasn't aware one can make them that great, need to practice.
    Ha! Indeed, the best camera IS the one you have with you.

Gabriela

Roshenk is online now "f/2.8 and be there"

There is nothing at all wrong with smartphone photographs. As long as you stay aware of their hardware limitations (tiny, tiny sensors and limited real controls) and use good software you can take some lovely snaps. I shot an entire vacation to New York just using my Galaxy S camera and was quite satisfied with it at the time.

The software is a big part of the key, and most of the better apps mainly give you clever GUIs which allow you to use in camera effects and styles to mask the limitations of the shot (say HDR or Lomo and watch all smartphone photographers swoon). I use both CameraZoom and Vignette on Android devices and really love them...they do fine for most jobs where you just want to quickly and easily record the moment. I wouldn't put them up against a DSLR (even if you duct tape an L lens to your phone) but they are great for what they are. They have certainly revolutionized the low end, pocketable P&S market and forced the camera companies to innovate and drop their prices to compete.

The attached shot was made on a Galaxy S using CameraZOOM in the north of Israel.

Personally I think we will be seeing a massive increase in iPad image editing software when the new, higher resolution, more powerful CPU iPad comes out. Adobe is already heavily invested in iPad apps and I think we will see far more powerful apps coming from them and others in the next few months. Using touch to do many of the tasks we do with sliders and brushes in Photoshop or Lightroom makes perfect sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I shoot Canon and carry Think Tank.
    Canon 6D... EF 135mm f/2L, EF 100mm f/2.8L MACRO, MP-E 65mm MACRO, EF 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Sigmalux, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG, Sigma 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, EF 200mm F/2.8L,
    Lensbaby Composer Pro 50mm/Edge 80/Fisheye, Samyang 85mm & 35mm f/1.4 MF

ZENFOLIO!....500Px