Close
Close
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Naked is offline I'm new here!

Default Zuiko ED 70-300mm

Hi all, im a newb. i wolud like to know you guys opinion about this zuiko ED 70-300mm lens. Have someone here ever used it? does it match with olympus E-520?
    i do noticed that this lens also can take a macro photo. but, i do not know how details it can go. so, maybe you guys here can give me some point.

Thank you, God Bless You All.

Flickr: nakedcorpse's Photostream

xinman is offline Master of nothing

Thumbs up

This is on my list to buy also, it should work fine for your camera. Check out the quick blurb about it here Olympus announces ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6: Digital Photography Review.
    Currently shooting with: Olympus e-620 with 14-42mm, 40-150mm 70-300mm and 50mm f/1.4 and 1.8, 28mm f/2.8 Soligor 35-140mm Macro OM lenses,
    Checkout my flickr

Foxcow is offline dPS Forum Member

It is a great lens. It took me a few weeks to learn how to use it because I had never shot with such a long lens. It takes great pictures if you have the right amount of light.
    Olympus E-520
    Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150, & Zuiko 70-300

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdeclama/

xinman is offline Master of nothing

Foxcow,

Do you have any shots that show off the macro capabilities that you could post to flickr?

Thanks
    Currently shooting with: Olympus e-620 with 14-42mm, 40-150mm 70-300mm and 50mm f/1.4 and 1.8, 28mm f/2.8 Soligor 35-140mm Macro OM lenses,
    Checkout my flickr

Foxcow is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xinman View Post
    Foxcow,

Do you have any shots that show off the macro capabilities that you could post to flickr?

Thanks

Sorry I don't. I'm sure you could find some on flickr.
    Olympus E-520
    Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150, & Zuiko 70-300

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdeclama/

StellaG is offline dPS Forum Member

What a timely question! LOL I just ordered one off of amazon, on sale for $227, no tax, free shipping, pretty good deal I'd say. I also intend to use it on my 520. My father has one, that he uses on his E-3, and he loves it. Good luck to us! :-)

Betty

killsharky is offline I'm new here!

Farid Khan's Photos | Facebook

Hi
    I am using this lens from many months, it is owesome. Image stabilization is wonderfull even at full zoom (300). I can quickly convert the focusing method from AF to MF with a built in button on it. The minimum focus distance is 1 meter on AF and some 90 cm on MF.

Sometimes AF is a problem, it is not very fast, but i can live with it. For Macro shots it is also wonderful, but i prefer Zuiko ED 40-150 for macro.

If anybody wants to buy this lens it is the best option in this price. I bought it about a year back for 440 Euros.
    Last edited by killsharky; 01-31-2010 at 09:16 PM.

fishman is offline I'm new here!

I've had this lens for about 3 months on my E-620. It's a great lens for the money IMO. I find that it's best used outdoors with lots of light. Haven't tried to much in terms of Macro, but I can't see why not while using manual focus.
    Olympus E-620
    14-42mm / 40-150mm / 70-300mm Olympus lenses
    Olympus FL-36 Flash

marceloanelli is offline I'm new here!

The 70-300mm is a great lens: is soft and no very crisp, try to use above f8 and for macro shoot is a good alternative. You can see some example at http://marceloanelli.com/fotomac/?p=462 and http://marceloanelli.com/fotomac/?p=423.

Is a handy lens that work well with any E-Serie Olympus camera, I use with E-410, E-510 and E-30

datawise is offline I'm new here!

Smile

This one's next on my list. I'd love to see some sample shots though...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last