Close
Close
    sjohny84 is offline I'm new here!

Default Olympus SP-800UZ

Hi I am a photographer and I want to buy a Olympus SP-800UZ Digital camera? It is Good Brand Or Not
    Plz Suggest me a good Camera.
    Last edited by Nicole; 03-16-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Removed link

LeeR is offline Professional Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by sjohny84 View Post
    Hi I am a photographer and I want to buy a Olympus SP-800UZ Digital camera? It is Good Brand Or Not
    Plz Suggest me a good Camera.
    According to one website, the following cameras have features similar the Olympus you are looking at:

Canon PowerShot Sx20 IS
    Nikon Coolpix P100
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38
    Pentax x70 or x90
    Fujifilm FinePix HS10

That is not to say there is anything wrong with the Olympus, just that this is a competitive market and there are a lot of cameras of similar price and quality. If you like the Olympus, go with it; I doubt you will be disappointed. (Though regardless of your camera, I suggest you spend a lot of time with the cameras manual. Getting the best from your camera requires a thorough understanding.)
    Lee R
    http://lucentbydesign.blogspot.com//
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
    -Marcel Proust

Papa Rotzzi Guest

Well, I would not start out by saying your a photographer.. and then talking about a SP-800. The SP-800 is an ok point and shoot camera... but it is not on the same side of the universe as a d-slr camera.

lpslpslps is offline I'm new here!

Default using the Olympus SP-800 UZ

I have one and I love itl. The zoom is awesome and the ease of use is superb.

Negatives- there are no fitting for lenses so even a polarizer is impossible.
    There is no manual control.
    You can often gert pseudo manual control by selecting their mosdes--eg sport setting givese a fast shutter speed.

Anybody else have thoughts omn how to get pseudo manual control --eg manual focus?