Close
Close
    soph98 is offline Fanatical Photographer

Smile Flowers- I Miss Spring!

Hey ya'll! What's your thoughts on this photo? Do you think there needs to be more contrast? I purposely brought it down just because I liked the effect. Is the focus in a good spot, or should it have been closer? I am pretty much a beginner at this so thanks!
    EXIF
    Nikon d3100
    f stop was below 5.6
    18-55 mm
    ISO above 1000 (Can't remember specifics!)
    1/800

Oh and I purposely added noise/grain. Do you like that?
    Thank you all so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images

WayneW is offline Goodbye Microdol X & D76

I, personally, would like to have seen this without the added grain and lost contrast. When I shot film for landscape and nature, I usually shot 50 or 100 iso (asa), to eliminate grain and get saturated colors. I always shivered at grain, although many people like it, I don't. Remember, personal opinions are like...
    Shoot what pleases YOU, unless they are paying you! Digital has opened up such a wonderful opportunity for us. Just keep shooting and see the results NOW, instead of waiting to develop and print (AND pay), then try to figure out what you did wrong a week later!
    Wayne
    Nikon D200, AF Nikkor 28-105 3.5-4.5 D, AF Nikkor 80-200 2.8 D, SB-800 (Nikon N-80, SB-28, Minolta SRT-101, Rapid Omega 100 & others)Yeah, still hangin' on to some old stuff!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11553617@N08/