Close
Close
    haleym77 is online now Photastic!

Default would appreciate some perspective on my old friend Lou

This is my old friend Louie. Have had him for 11 years now after saving him from the pound. He's getting old and I regret never getting any good pictures of my greyhound before she passed, so I wanted some nice pics of Lou for the inevitable day that he leaves our family. I took this today and am happy enough with it that I might want to frame it. But you know how it is when you stare at an image for too long...you lose perspective. I wanted to ask if anyone sees any big flaws or has any processing ideas. Or is it total crap and I should go do a reshoot? Thanks!

My old friend Lou

ISO 100
    SS 1/320
    f 2.5
    taken with my canon 1.8 prime, 50mm
    Last edited by haleym77; 11-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    my website
    my facebook
    my flickr
    Having fun with my Canon 6D, Sigma 35mm 1.4, Canon 135mm f/2L and my pride and joy; the Canon 100mm 2.8L Macro !

uavmx is offline dPS Forum Member

great job getting the focus on the eyes on not on the nose! And not centering it right in the middle of the frame.
    So Much To Learn....
    D90
    18-200 VRII, 105mm DC f2, 35mm 1.8G
    2x SB-700
    055CXPRO3 with 468MGRC2 with "M" Plate

NewPhotoGuy is offline Gonna Get Better

I agree. I love how the eyes came out, and everything else has just the right amount of blur, in my opinion.

Thanks for the input guys, I decided to go ahead and get a canvas made of it. I'll let you know how it turns out
    my website
    my facebook
    my flickr
    Having fun with my Canon 6D, Sigma 35mm 1.4, Canon 135mm f/2L and my pride and joy; the Canon 100mm 2.8L Macro !

smudged-blue is offline dPS Forum Member

Fantastic shot, the focus is where it needs to be, great composition.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - author unknown

My greatest Loves- My husband, our 3 boy's, animals, my canon EOS 650D, my canon EFs 18-55mm, EFs 18-135mm, EF 50mm and EF90-300mm lens, my speedlite 320EX and creating with prisma premier colored pencils.

Thanks guys. I ended up getting a 12 x 18 canvas printed and stretched by a local professional lab, and it came out so beautiful! Will be pretty up on my wall and also a great way to remember my furry buddy long after he's gone (which hopefully will still be a few years from now)
    my website
    my facebook
    my flickr