billmac57 is offline dPS +1000 Club

Cool Weird Lolipop

Weird lollipop
    Exposure: 5 sec (5)
    Aperture: f/29
    Focal Length: 55 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

This my first close up using a longer shutter speed and a tripod. I was given this lollipop and thought I had to try and take a picture. The worm is in the lollipop.
    Last edited by peeperita; 02-28-2008 at 01:54 AM. Reason: added exif data

FocalFrenzy is offline dPS +1000 Club

My brother brought me back one of these from Mexico. I think the lillipop was Tequilla, or Mezcal with the Agave' worm (Spelling?) inside. I couldn't bring myself to taste it, but the dog wouldn't touch it, if that tells you anything. Nice shot. I wouldn't recommend eating the sucker. It's probably better suited as a paperweight! LOL. Thanks for sharing.
    "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"..."We gladly feast on those who would subdue us". Not just pretty words." - Morticia Addams
    My Gear: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi, Canon 50mm F1.8 II EF lens, Canon 28-90mm F4-5.6 III EF lens, Promaster 70-300 5.6 tele/macro lens, Canon Speedlite 430 EX II, Canon Remote switch, GIMP, and Photoshop CS4.

dmvp is offline dPS Forum Member

Nice clarity. My mom bought one for me a while back as well. You see, I just LOVE candy...especially unique candy, so she thought it'd be clever to get me the tequila one.

For the record, I threw it out. I draw the line on candy if there's a bug in it...
    Denise

Flickr
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon 70-300 VR f/4.5-5.6, Raynox DCR-250 2.5X Super Macro

peeperita is offline Super Moderator

i'm a sugar freak and that worm is absolutely putting me off from my next snack.....

which is a compliment.....you image is as sharp as a tack...as it should be with an aperture of 29.....i can tell you put more than a moment of thought into this image.....your background and your lighting angle tell the tale.....

consider in the future, more than one light to spin your story....the shadows are a detraction....

thanks for sharing such a gruesome thing as this.....

also, when presenting for critique, remember to include your exif data so that the members can more easily tell the hows.....and a brief description of the why's with a few pointed critique questions will go a long way to gaining more feedback.....

thanks for sharing

peeper
    canon rebel xt, sigma 28-70mm

peeperita's flickriver

Liz Caldwell is offline dPS +1000 Club

I guess being from so cal has desensitized me to those, lol

Nice shot!
    Now with VIDEO
    Tell Liz to GET LOST!
    What a Trip... Getting Lost on America's Back Roads
    A 10,000 mile, 100 day journey photographing America's back roads and lost highways...

billmac57 is offline dPS +1000 Club

Hi,
    thanks for your comment. The shadow in the picture is probably me. I was using the light from the window to shine onto the piece of card that the sweet was on and I was standing behind the camera, I must have been in the way.
    I was actually inspired to take the picture with the high f number and slow speed after reading the article as you open this site, I would never had thought of doing it this way if I hadn`t read it. Now could you tell me how to include the exif data when I post?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by billmac57; 02-28-2008 at 01:50 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

peeperita is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by billmac57 View Post
    Now could you tell me how to include the exif data when I post?
    Thanks.
    easy enough.....

on your image's page on flickr there is some text to the lower right of your image that says "more properties".....cilck that, copy and paste this information into the field of your post here.....there's no need to copy all of it, just the few lines about shutter speed, aperture, iso and flash....

peeper
    canon rebel xt, sigma 28-70mm

peeperita's flickriver