Wow. Again, thanks so much for all the wealth of information! And again, thereís so much to think about. I'll spend more time checking out the links that have been provided. Thank you! axlenut, you make some really good points and I'm going to investigate those flashes you recommended.

Iím taking an online lighting course (mentioned above) and even though Iíve only had one class, Iím thoroughly enjoying it. The teacher uses strobes in her studio. She will be showing us both and is covering quite a bit of material. Although Iím on a tight budget, I have to factor in the money Iíll be getting for the two photo shoots in the spring. I donít want to make my decision, purely based on affordability. I have faith that Iíll earn it all back.

With that in mind, I keep going back to that Alien Bee kit and it seems like a good basic start for someone who wants to start out simple and build up. Eventually, Iíd like to add my SB24 to the mix or get another B800. My gut is telling me to go with the Alien Bees. There is a higher learning curve when it comes to ratios etc. with speedlights and Iím NOT good with that at all. Iím not ruling them out, but my instincts tell me to go with the other. Does this make sense? Iím so thankful for all of you whoíve taken the time to respond and educate me. From this thread alone, I have learned so much! Iím so happy to have found this forum and the people who have been generous enough to share their knowledge and advice!!!!

jane