Close
Close
    hertz is offline I'm new here!

Default Need Help: Images look brighter on camera LCD, but look dull on laptop

Hi.

Am a newbie to photography. Currently i use Canon s90. What is have noticed is that images when clicked look very bright on Camera's LCD screen but the same pic looks dull on my laptop. i have tried calibrating my Laptop too but things have not improved.

Please help me out...!!

Thanks
    Hertz

i speak in math is offline dPS +1000 Club

Try turning down the brightness of the camera's LCD screen. Your tiny uncalibrated camera screen will be brighter and more contrasty than a typical display. You can't rely on the screen for overall image quality. Use your histogram to ensure the photos are nice and bright. Make sure you are using a consistent color space (i.e. sRGB on camera and on laptop). Make sure you aren't using a post processing program that automatically corrects your images (making bright photos dark automatically).
    My Portfolio | My 500px | My Photo Blog | My Picasa Albums
    K-5, Q, K20D, Pentax DA 15mm f/4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, DA 55-300mm, DA 18-55mm WR, Vivitar Auto-Extension Tubes, Metz 50 af-1, Yongnuo YN-560ii, Cactus v5

hertz is offline I'm new here!

Thanks a lot!!

What i noticed today is that images look close to how there are seen in camera when i use my samsung monitor instead of my laptop screen!. But as u suggested, relying on Histogram is better

Abhi is offline dPS Forum Member

Hi...some time ago I stumbled across this article Exposure and Metering. and it greatly benefited me..I'm sure it would benefit u as well...
    "Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known." - Oscar Wilde
    Canon EOS 400D [EFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS]
    Flickr