Close
Close
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    FJH
    FJH is offline Midlife Crises Maniac

Hey Jackie,

Before reading any comments a couple of days ago, I thought about what I wanted to say.

First of all, the same two elements came to mind. The people and a little too much undetailed sky were distractions. You did a great job loosing the people but you left the sky in from what I can see.

Did you know that in most or all photos processed in black & white look better if you increase the exposure a bit and also add some contrast. It looks a bit dark to me and that can add drama.

Personally, I love the colors of the rocks and the combination of colors in the whole scene. Every photographer has some opion for even the best work. If it was mine, I'd crop the top down some and keep the colors or make one color & one b & w. Bottom Line .... make it look the way you love it the most. It's a cool shot.

SEGrissom is offline Always learning

I love the concept and personally I like the color version better. IMHO the water gets lost in the B&W picture. I just don't notice it at all. If you were able to make that stand out a bit more, I would like that picture more.

Compositionally, I'm not sure which item is your center of attention. Is it the bridge or the water? If it is the bridge, then I would have skipped the motion blur of the water. If the center of attention is the water then I would have tried to get more water in the picture (probably by lowering my perspective.) It looks like there is more water to be had just out of the bottom of the photo and that is where I would have gone.

This picture has great potential. Good luck and happy shooting!
    Canon Rebel XS, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 50mm 1.8, 430EX II, Corel PaintShop Pro X4
    My Blog | 500px
    The aim of art is to be seen, to express yourself and to have people, even when they're somewhere else, thinking of your work. - Unknown

Page 2 of 2 First 12