Close
Close
    jewels inet is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Minolta Dimage 7i

I have had this camera for a couple years, have played around alot but need to take one setting at a time and practice.

One issue I have is that the battery life doesn't seem to last long. I carry several spare batteries.

Anyone else have battery issues?

NaturesPixel is offline Super User

i dont know about the 7i but my little minolta Z5 (which is retired till my kid gets older) sucks the life out of batteries very quick.. i always had to carry a few sets...
    Cheers
    Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
    Little pixels from my world . Flickr

Redrabbit is offline dPS Forum Member

I dont know about the 7i but my DimageX1, is ok on battery life so far. My trouble is I have no software to download video.

bobisr23 is offline I'm new here!

Smile I have the Dimage 7i and it is kind of retired

I had two major problems with the camera. The batteries was one but it was better than prior cameras when I first got it and then propriatory cameras seemed to do so much better that I grew frustrated with the batteries in the camera. I found the better quality and more powerful batteries did better. Some of my older sets became quick to fail in the field. After awhile I never felt too confident that batteries wouldn't fail right when I needed the power to last.
    The second frustration was with focus. I found when I relied on autofocus I got unpredicatable results. Having used Minolta cameras most of my adult life I moved to the DSLR 7D when it came out. That allowed me to use my old lenses and filters and was more like a film camera.
    If I was in that situation now I would definitely consider a Sony version. They sound nice and come with plenty of megapixals!

theArchitect is offline dPS Forum Member

In my experience it is a bit of a battery eater compared with newer cameras. The best thing to do is get some high powered rechargable batteries with a high MAH (2500+).

bobisr23 is offline I'm new here!

Default Changed cameras to the Minolta 7D

I have delegated my 7i to the task of copying slides. I do not have to worry about batteries so much because I do the copying at home and can switch off or recharge. My field camera became the Minolta 7D which is no longer made since Sony took over Konica Minolta. I had several autofocus lenses for the Minolta camera film bodies and that swayed me to buy into Minolta. The camera is good for what it is and it was early to have anti shake built into the body as opposed to the lenses but at about 6 MP it is not ideal for larger images. However 6 MP seems to be plenty in most situations.

orlandod87 is offline I'm new here!

Default Battery problem

Hello, I was reading all replies, and I consider that you have to read the camera manual so that you can see what batteries you do have to use for the better perfomance of your camera. Sometimes it happens when the batteries you are using (if rechargable) are too old. You can also check the time you gave each battery to charge.

Online Marketing

helenk579 is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by bobisr23 View Post
    I had two major problems with the camera. The batteries was one but it was better than prior cameras when I first got it and then propriatory cameras seemed to do so much better that I grew frustrated with the batteries in the camera. I found the better quality and more powerful batteries did better. Some of my older sets became quick to fail in the field. After awhile I never felt too confident that batteries wouldn't fail right when I needed the power to last.
    The second frustration was with focus. I found when I relied on autofocus I got unpredicatable results. Having used Minolta cameras most of my adult life I moved to the DSLR 7D when it came out. That allowed me to use my old lenses and filters and was more like a film camera.
    If I was in that situation now I would definitely consider a Sony version. They sound nice and come with plenty of megapixals!

I also think so.

deebeecooper is offline I'm new here!

Default power to the people

I use a 5d: always run your batteries to dead & recharge fully

I always carry a spare

i can get about 700 shots at a festival before I need to change

xi lenses eat batteries

I've picked lots of old film camera lenses(sometimes with the camera) for a few euros

(Dynax300si cw xi 38-80 5Euro)(100-300 Macro 8Euro)

deltapapa is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by jewels inet View Post
    I have had this camera for a couple years, have played around alot but need to take one setting at a time and practice.

One issue I have is that the battery life doesn't seem to last long. I carry several spare batteries.

Anyone else have battery issues?
    Yes I have battery life problems too, which is why, after a lot of research, I am about to buy a Canon EOS 550D. I know of other people who suffer with short battery life on their Dimage 7i. Having said that it takes a very good picture.