Close
Close
    Julzrox is offline I'm new here!

Default Double or Nothing - NOT Photoshopped!

No it's not Photoshopped. And no, it's not twins. (And no, they are not ghosts...although they are transparent).
    Here's how I took this shot: Position the subject on one side. Set camera on tripod with 30 second shutter speed. Press shutter. You have 30 seconds to do the rest, which is to turn out the lights (it needs to be night time or at least completely dark when the lights are out). Subject then moves to the second position. Turn the lights back on. The camera captures everything that it can see during the 30 seconds, which is two of the same subject!!! Cool huh?

Of course the camera can only see him when the lights are on. It's also why he looks see through, because the camera has also captured the wall each time the light was on, so it is showing both subject and background in the shot. Great fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

fixXxed is offline I'm new here!

I love this. Pretty cool idea. TFS!

Alucard_1105 is offline I'm new here!

Nice work.

BhandariAditya is offline I'm new here!

Cool......

kirbinster is offline Always carry your camera

Are you shooting for 30 seconds twice or a total of 30 seconds. What are the camera settings?

I question if you really need to turn the lights out if this is a long exposure, as if it only takes a second to move the camera probably will not pick that up.
    Nikon D800e, D300, D5000, NIKON GLASS 85mm F/1.8 D, 105mm f/2.8 Micro AF-S VR, 70-200 AF-S VR f/2.8, 28-300 AF-S VRII,10.5mm Fisheye, 24-70 AF-S f/2.8, TC-20E III AF-S, Sigma 12-24 HSM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 HSM, Sigma 150-500 OS, 2 SB-600 Speedlights, SB-900 speedlight, 4 YN-622N transceivers, Manfrotto 190MF3 tripod & 322RC2 ball grip head. - NJ, USA
    Flickr Photobucket
    Ok to edit and repost my shots on DPS forums

idcanyon is offline dPS Forum Member

Many cameras have multiple exposure options that make this kind of thing easier to do in camera even when you don't have the option to turn out the lights.

EnergizedAV is offline dPS Forum Member

Great shot and idea. Not only is this cool, but could be a lot of fun. Just imagine what a bunch of kids could do with this.

rosserx is offline Ship passing in the night

Quote Originally Posted by idcanyon View Post
    Many cameras have multiple exposure options that make this kind of thing easier to do in camera even when you don't have the option to turn out the lights.
    Yup. On my camera I can do up to 9 exposures on a single "frame".
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
    but by the moments that take our breath away...

~ PORTRAIT rosserx
    ~ Flickr

ZafarSami is online now dPS +1000 Club

Interesting and nice. To get the people sharper against the background, I think a flash would have worked nice. Turn out lights, flash once, get the subject to change position, and flash again. You don't even need it to be controlled by the camera, just experiment with flash power and trigger in your hand.

Or, did I miss some thing?
    Zafar
    Nikon D300s, Nikkor 50mm F1.4G, Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 VC, Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8, Tamron SP 70-200mm F2.8 VC, Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6, Nikon SB 900
    Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/zafarsami/