Close
Close
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    xtarsy is offline I'm new here!

An excellent article, I was just wondering if you give them to sign a model release form after you take their photo?
    Also do you email them the photo you take as well, if they ask?
    If I get an excellent portrait I may sometimes ask to sign something similar to a model release. But that is very rare. I guess it is also important in which country your are living.
    I have talked with several stranger hunters in australia and they told me you don't need a model release if you take a picture of someone on the street. One of the photographers from australia even published a book with his strangers and stories.

I don't think this should be your main concern at the beginning of the project. I am starting to think about it now, but that is after I have photographed more than 300 strangers.

This is a great idea! Thanks for your sharing!
    I will definitely try it after I gain a bit more experience on taking portrait.
    I am still a newbie with my camera.
    Do it! That is one of the best ways to get better taking pictures. It isn't important at the beginning of the portrait it isn't important to get perfect pictures, the most important part is to get started, the great pictures come when you start feeling at ease.
    I even suggest to put your camera on Aperture priority or even on full automatik for the first 10-20 portraits. Then when you feel more confident you can start making slight changes to the apperture, shutter speed and iso.

Tbh with you the only portrait I shot before the project where those of my family and a few friends. But I wanted to get better and this is where this project came handy.

Go for it! Any excuse for not starting is keeping you from growing. (That is if you are interested in portraiture)

morph_images is offline I'm new here!

This is a fantastic Idea!!

nahnalynn is offline I'm new here!

Love this! Thank u for the share!

khiloa is offline dPS Forum Member

I love this idea! I just started out last night. It isn't easy for me to approach strangers.. I'm working on building my nerves a bit.

smordant is offline dPS Forum Member

But once you get the shots the feeling is exhilarating. Time to get working on some more strangers.
    Mik, a limey in the USA.

500px.com

WilburJones is offline Bloop Bloop!

This is a project i would love to try. I have found myself to be a very reclusive person. Especially behind the camera.

deveihca is offline I'm new here!

Default Oh Yeah!

This is going to be a riot, I can feel my heart quicken just thinking about it. Now let see if I can really do it! Best of luck 2 all of us...

geoland is offline dPS Forum Member

I would also like to do this. Extraction from my comfort zone will be very difficult. I can't imagine approaching a complete stranger. Perhaps start with my friends.

xtarsy is offline I'm new here!

I love this idea! I just started out last night. It isn't easy for me to approach strangers.. I'm working on building my nerves a bit.
    The first strangers are hard for everyone ; ) take the plunge you won't regret it.

This is going to be a riot, I can feel my heart quicken just thinking about it. Now let see if I can really do it! Best of luck 2 all of us...
    Hell yeah, i remember my thumping heart when I asked my first stranger. Just go for it and don't think about what the other people are thinking.

I would also like to do this. Extraction from my comfort zone will be very difficult. I can't imagine approaching a complete stranger. Perhaps start with my friends.
    You only profit from this project if you go all the way, it doesn't work if you try to cut corners. You can take pictures of your friends for fun, but not for this project. This project is only for taking pictures of strangers. I suggest you start easily try taking pictures of strangers who aren't rushing about, people sitting or window shopping since they have more time on their hands and will less likely say no. Good luck

amckissic is offline I'm new here!

This is a brilliant idea! Love this!

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last