Close
Close
    sarahgirl777 is offline dPS Forum Member

Default I need your help ASAP! Flash stuck!

Ok, I have an issue, my flash (speedlight) is stuck on my camera. I have a Nikon D200 and it's an SB-25 speedlight. The locking mechanism is released, I'm thinking maybe it broke and the little locking pin is stuck down into the camera hotshot therefore it wont release (That's my only guess) I've pulled as hard as I can in every position and can't get the stinking thing off. Worst of all I have a senior shoot tomorrow and a wedding in a 2 weeks! Luckily I do have a back up body and other flashes, but I really need this off! Any suggestions....????
    Nikon D700, Nikon D200, 50mm f1.8, 28-80mm, 28-75mm f2.8, 70-300mm 5 speedlights, some stands, umbrellas etc.
    My flickr
    My Website

LoveDSLR is offline dPS +1000 Club

sarahgirl777 is offline dPS Forum Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you....!!!! That's exactly what I needed, I followed the instructions there and it worked and the flash is off, it's only 1am, but by golly I got it off so I can use this camera tomorrow, or possibly the flash (not on the camera for sure).
    Nikon D700, Nikon D200, 50mm f1.8, 28-80mm, 28-75mm f2.8, 70-300mm 5 speedlights, some stands, umbrellas etc.
    My flickr
    My Website

NikD300 is offline dPS Forum Member

Hi,

I am exactly in the same situation. I have a SB600 stuck on my NikonD300. I unlocked it but still couldn't get it out. I will follow the instructions on the link provided to see if I can get it off.

Do you think the flash mount has a problem? Should I check with Nikon to send it back? Its only 3 months old flash.

Appreciate your help.