Close
Close

View Poll Results: Does the nude section work?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
  • Access after 50 posts / active member

289 67.37%
  • Access for anyone

46 10.72%
  • I didn't know we had a nude section...

94 21.91%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last
    Sime is offline Must. Get. Coffee. Quick.

Exclamation Want to see me nude?

So, we had a post on the blog about the nude forum, which always results in many new people that have had no postings in the forum, no introductions, emailing me for a password.

Our nude forum is not a gallery for people looking to see naked women (in most cases they are men asking for access) it's a forum that is set aside for people that want to try their hand (or shutter finger!) at taking a more risqué photo. These folk that try this stuff out are relying on dPS to not let the world in to see them in all their glory, they are generally fairly timid and appreciate the time I spend vetting the people that roam in from the general internet in the interest of getting an eye full.

I have about 50 requests in my inbox today for people wanting just that... No posts, no intro - just "Can I see the nudes"

Now, whilst I am all about growing our forum, I'd like your opinion... Do we just let anyone in? Or, do you prefer how it works right now.

Please vote in the POLL

Thanks.
    Sime
    Last edited by Sime; 03-02-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Digidave is offline Class Clown

At this time I have absolutely no interest in getting in to see the nudes. I have to honest here though. When I saw that on the blog, I just knew this was going to be trouble. It's always a good thing when you advertise certain areas of the forum that may be of interest some people. Nude Photography should never have been one of those areas! Your just asking for trouble. A person should be a member in good standing for quite some time before they are allowed into an area as sensitive as this section. You have to be able to see how a person responds in threads more than a few times to see what type of person they really are.

Sorry to say it, but I think you are going to have your hands full for a while & unfortunately some good people will probably be weeded out along with all the bad people.

Oh, by the way, the answer to the original question would be an unequivocal, NO!!!!
    MY GEAR

Flickriver

I turned out to be the only hell my Momma ever raised.

maxharvard Guest

I asked to be in the nude forum and i have over 1000 posts and you never responded

Jim Poor is offline Class Curmudgeon

I voted for after 50 posts, but would suggest a way of weeding out 50 "yep I like it" posts vice 50 substantial posts that truly contribute to the community.

I saw the blog post and wondered about how many pervs would be trying for access vice those that have a more "honorable" interest. Maybe a sternly worded bit on what it takes to be accepted into the area would be well advised for any future blog posts mentioning the nudes section. Probably won't stop folks though.

I almost requested access myself because I have a tiny interest in boudoir type work, but I don't know if I'd every actually go through with it.

Sime is offline Must. Get. Coffee. Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by maxharvard View Post
    I asked to be in the nude forum and i have over 1000 posts and you never responded
    Try now :-)

Sime

dakwegmo is offline instigator

I think 50 is a reasonable enough post limit to keep out most of the gawkers. The one exception I think needs to be made is for new users who contribute something to one of the open sections that is more appropriate for the nude forums. I know these threads are usually moved, so it's only fair to give the author access to read responses.
    [¯Ô¯] marcus
    photoblog | Facebook | flickr | 5∞ px | G+

xxpinballxx is offline dPS +1000 Club

I say no way to just letting anyone in......have it where these no posts nude searchers when they click on the nude section it tells them they can't get access till after 50 posts and then they have to email a admin to get password. That way it will keep out the undesirables and also the ones who think they can just post anything 50 times and get it we can sort out and get rid of them. Us mods and the admin can decide whos really into the site or whos really just wanting access by the types of posts they make. If they have nothing to contribute then no access.
    D7000, D200, 18-105mm, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8G, 18-200mm, 10-20mm, 105mm 2.8, sb900, Panasonic GF2 Samsung NX100 and lenses and a ton more crap!
    RoundboyzPhotography on Flickr
    RoundboyzPhotographyBlog
    My Twitter

maxharvard Guest

I honestly think it should be more than 50. I want someone to be here long enough and represent themselves in a way that makes sense as to why they 'need' to be in the nude forum.

Not to mention they need to be over 18

private is offline Old timer :)

I was going to email for a password b/c a friend of mine wants me to take photos of her, I am just tooo chicken so I have not asked. Although, ideas for a tasteful session would be appreciated. Dunno how to explain it, so as most things in my life, I am stuck....which lens to buy, do I want to take nudes...oy...

And I agree with Max - waaay over 50 - maybe 500...
    Pat
    5D, 5DMKIII | lenses 50 1.2, 35 1.4, 17-40 f/4, 70-200 2.8 II, 15mm - MY WEBSITE Fan me on Facebook!
    You don't have to be the best, you just have to be better than last week" - Jerry Ghionis

wattsbw2004 is offline dPS Forum Member

I would say 100 post because we have a game section where they can get their post count up in no time if they just go in to the section.
    Sony Alpha A700, 17-80mm & 75-300mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Wacom Pen Tablet, Photoshop CS4, Lightroom 2.0
    Feel free to re-edit and re-post in DPS forums only
    Flickr Purchase Prints FOLLOW ME TO MY HDR TUTORIAL!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last