03-11-2012, 06:45 PM #1
Could use your guys brains for a video idea =)
I would love to have you guys help me brain storm an idea (especially those older folks on here LOL) I think many would have fun helping as well =)
The family is going on this Cruise in May. They first came up with the idea of using the theme to Gilligan's Island in the vacation video we make when we come home. That was such a big hit with the family that they started looking up other old TV show theme songs. We had so much fun hearing themes we haven't heard in 20 years it was decided our vacation photos/video slideshow is going to be put to old TV show themes.
We always try and come up with something original for vacation slideshows that keeps family/friends interested and liking them rather then cringe
The theme songs will also be great as I can fade in and out easier and cut the songs shorter or make them longer as need be. Most of them are around 30 seconds long anyway. This gives us so much more room to fit the series of photos for that particular event to the song! Nothing worse then a 4 minute long song with half the photos not matching the song.
OKAY with all of that said, here is our list of song ideas so far! This is where you guys come in. If there is a tv show (or movie as we aren't overly picky) song that you would think would work for a family vacation/cruise/summer type photos please give me a shout out. We do want old TV shows that were popular so the folks watching the video will say" OHHH I know that song!!! I remember that show!!" We do want to keep the songs VERY upbeat.
1. The Monkeys (General family photos. We want to get video footage of us doing that silly leg walk they do in the intro as well ..maybe walking around the ship like that)
2. The Odd Couple (my boys are sharing a stateroom and this would be perfect for any shots of them in their room or waking up or footage of their room trashed... that kind of thing)
3. Hawaii 5 O (there is a surfboard pool where you can ride waves and surf on the ship... obviously this is a photo moment of total hysterical family shots. Who can beat dad wiping out on a surfboard LOL) I wanted to use the Beach Boys "Wipe out" but need to stick with the TV show theme =/
4. Mission Impossible (not really sure yet what to use this for but its on our list as maybes if we come home with photos/videos that fit the song)
5. Bewitched (hubbys idea =/ )
6. All in the Family (You just can't beat Archie Bunker LOL)
7. Pink Panther
8. Adams Family (at some point during the week we are going to video each of us snapping our fingers..)
10. A team (hubby's fav old show so we will have to find a place to put this)
11. Happy Days (fun dancing action shots and video)
12. Sanford and son (it has to fit in somewhere LOL)
13. Dukes of Hazard (shots of hubby and the boys doing stuff)
14. George of the Jungle
15. Fraggle Rock (again another fun one while dancing/action that kind of thing)
Now, we are not planning on using all of these songs and if there is a chance we do, we will not use the entire theme but only parts of it. The idea is to get a ton of songs together so we have lots to choose from when we get home and put this all together!
Remember we need them upbeat and fun. Things like the Munsters won't work. Great old show but the song is too slow.
So have fun clearing out those cobwebs in your memories! We had a great time doing this last night!
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM #2
03-11-2012, 07:11 PM #3
I am thinking the whole ..guys doing adventure rough and tough stuff and cutting to my daughter and I in the spa
Of course this would mean booking a spa visit for the two of us ...man the things I sacrifice for my family videos =p
03-11-2012, 07:31 PM #4
How about finishing out the video with The Waltons, with shots of the kids in bed or sleeping on the deck chairs - remember the "Night Jim Bob!" when the credits roll?LISA
Canon EOS 600D, 50mm, 18-55mm & 55-250 mm kit lens for the flash stuff.
Olympus Tough 8010, waterproof, shockproof compact P&S - great for the kids.
03-11-2012, 09:02 PM #5
Here are a few more we came up with while brainstorming
Remember ... we arent planning on using all of these but its a great list to have so when we get home with our footage we can find the perfect theme for the event.
Bandstand (dancing stuff)
Cops Theme (for our boys ...generic footage)
Monk (its a jungle out there... would be funny to use but not sure where just yet)
Star trek (possibility but not sure)
03-12-2012, 12:21 AM #6
Better work The Love Boat in there somewhere or you might incur the wrath of Gopher.These are the best days of your life. Don't look back and realize you've missed them.
03-12-2012, 12:44 AM #7
03-12-2012, 03:10 PM #8dPS Forum Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Greeley, Colorado
How about Leave it to Beaver?
03-12-2012, 07:07 PM #9
You gotta use Love American Style!
Laverne and Shirley
The Partridge Family
03-13-2012, 01:54 AM #10
Be sure to put the Pink Panther song in there! I love the pink panther!!A dream is only a dream, until you decide to make it real. ~Harry Styles
You make me glowww, but i cover up won't let it show.
(✿◠‿◠) this. (◕‿◕✿)