I would love to have you guys help me brain storm an idea (especially those older folks on here LOL) I think many would have fun helping as well =)
The family is going on this Cruise in May. They first came up with the idea of using the theme to Gilligan's Island in the vacation video we make when we come home. That was such a big hit with the family that they started looking up other old TV show theme songs. We had so much fun hearing themes we haven't heard in 20 years it was decided our vacation photos/video slideshow is going to be put to old TV show themes.
We always try and come up with something original for vacation slideshows that keeps family/friends interested and liking them rather then cringe
The theme songs will also be great as I can fade in and out easier and cut the songs shorter or make them longer as need be. Most of them are around 30 seconds long anyway. This gives us so much more room to fit the series of photos for that particular event to the song! Nothing worse then a 4 minute long song with half the photos not matching the song.
OKAY with all of that said, here is our list of song ideas so far! This is where you guys come in. If there is a tv show (or movie as we aren't overly picky) song that you would think would work for a family vacation/cruise/summer type photos please give me a shout out. We do want old TV shows that were popular so the folks watching the video will say" OHHH I know that song!!! I remember that show!!" We do want to keep the songs VERY upbeat.
1. The Monkeys (General family photos. We want to get video footage of us doing that silly leg walk they do in the intro as well ..maybe walking around the ship like that)
2. The Odd Couple (my boys are sharing a stateroom and this would be perfect for any shots of them in their room or waking up or footage of their room trashed... that kind of thing)
3. Hawaii 5 O (there is a surfboard pool where you can ride waves and surf on the ship... obviously this is a photo moment of total hysterical family shots. Who can beat dad wiping out on a surfboard LOL) I wanted to use the Beach Boys "Wipe out" but need to stick with the TV show theme =/
4. Mission Impossible (not really sure yet what to use this for but its on our list as maybes if we come home with photos/videos that fit the song)
5. Bewitched (hubbys idea =/ )
6. All in the Family (You just can't beat Archie Bunker LOL)
7. Pink Panther
8. Adams Family (at some point during the week we are going to video each of us snapping our fingers..)
10. A team (hubby's fav old show so we will have to find a place to put this)
11. Happy Days (fun dancing action shots and video)
12. Sanford and son (it has to fit in somewhere LOL)
13. Dukes of Hazard (shots of hubby and the boys doing stuff)
14. George of the Jungle
15. Fraggle Rock (again another fun one while dancing/action that kind of thing)
Now, we are not planning on using all of these songs and if there is a chance we do, we will not use the entire theme but only parts of it. The idea is to get a ton of songs together so we have lots to choose from when we get home and put this all together!
Remember we need them upbeat and fun. Things like the Munsters won't work. Great old show but the song is too slow.
So have fun clearing out those cobwebs in your memories! We had a great time doing this last night!