Close
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Sloseph is offline dPS Forum Member

Default camera to pc sync

Hi Guys

A while ago I was watching something on TV and there was a photographer doing a shoot and as soon as he took a photo it would appear on his laptop

I was just wondering what you need to do this, do I need a cable or is it a wireless thing?

I would be wanting to do with a canon 30D

Is it possible or does it needs to be a higher end camera?

Thanks in advance

Bruce A is online now dPS +1000 Club

You can do this with a program called Tether Pro and also the Tether Camera tool in Lightroom 3.
    Nikon D800E, Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikon AF-S 16-35 f/4G ED, AF-S 70-200mm F/2.8G ED VRll, AF-S 80-400mm F4.5-5.6 G ED VRlll, SB-600, SB-910, Nikon T14E teleconverter, Benro tripod.
    My flickr
    My 500px store

SwissJon is offline Enjoys shooting people.

The camera will have been attached via a USB cable.. I read somewhere about someone connecting something like this to their camera and using live view on their computer to control the camera.. Unforturtunately they won't send it to Switzerland, so I never got the chance to try it.
    Smile.. Don't make me press this shutter release twice!
    A photo needs to start and finish in your imagination, if it passes through your camera in between, that's cool, if it doesn't, that's cool also.
    Flickriver 500px Portfolio Website SoftlySensual (NSFW!!) Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A View Post
    You can do this with a program called Tether Pro and also the Tether Camera tool in Lightroom 3.
    Check this video: How to Setup Tethered Importing in Adobe Lightroom 3 - YouTube
    Nikon D800E, Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikon AF-S 16-35 f/4G ED, AF-S 70-200mm F/2.8G ED VRll, AF-S 80-400mm F4.5-5.6 G ED VRlll, SB-600, SB-910, Nikon T14E teleconverter, Benro tripod.
    My flickr
    My 500px store

rokclmb is offline This space for rent

The eye-fi memory cards might do it. I've never used one but they say they upload instantly to your computer.
    Canon T1i w/ kit EFS 18-55 lens; Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II; Quantaray 70-300 f/4-5.6

My Flickr

Sloseph is offline dPS Forum Member

im using photoshop cs5 am i right to assume if the feature is in lightroom is will be on cs5?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloseph View Post
    im using photoshop cs5 am i right to assume if the feature is in lightroom is will be on cs5?
    Well I haven't seen it on CS5 and that's what I use, but then I need a new glasses perscription
    My flickr
    My 500px store

Doug Sundseth is offline Not quite older than dirt

To my knowledge, Photoshop does not do tethering.

More broadly, though, Lightroom is not a subset of Photoshop. There's a reason that many people own both.

foto nfoosyist is offline I'm new here!

I see the OP is using a Canon but for those that wish to do this with a Nikon you can use Nikon Camera Control software. On my D300 I just have to change from Mass Storage setting in my settings > USB and all I do is plug in the usb from camera to laptop and camera control will open up. I can then shoot while the photos will open up automatically in Nikon ViewNX. I can also change a lot of settings on my camera from my laptop as I shoot.
    living for artistic freedom
    portfolio (needs updating soon)
    my eco tee shirt designs
    facebook - fanpage

Biomech is offline World Commended

Which camera do you have? You can do tethered shooting with a 500D and 550D etc. If you have Sony then you can't until you get up to the a7xx range.

I shoot tethered with my 500D and I use Eye-Fi with my Sony a580 :P It is very useful but the eye-fi cards can be very tweaky. The last shoot I did I had to put the camera next to the laptop for it to be in range :P Oh and RAW will take forever!

When I shoot eyefi its a case of I shoot the client, they walk to the laptop, say yes, my colleague takes 10 and clicks print. Thus, I shoot JPEG for those instances because RAW would just take too long.
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

Page 1 of 2 12 Last