Close
Close
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    NicoleScraps is offline \m/\>.</\m/

Default Photographers Rights/White Balance Cards

Have you seen these? They are really neat!

Introducing the Photographers Rights Gray Card Set

tuxcomputers is offline dPS Forum Member

They say it is for US only but I can't see why, it may be based on US law it does not mention any specific US laws, like the first amendment.

All of the rights listed here apply to us plebs in Australia as well.
    Gear: Pentax K10D + lenses, not as many as I want though.
    Software: GIMP, XnView.
    My flickr stream
    A wiki on GIMP (and other Open Source Software)

vsa
    vsa is offline Mebmer

Quote Originally Posted by tuxcomputers View Post
    They say it is for US only but I can't see why...
    It's a shipping thing.
    flickr | deviantArt | personal website
    Me: a photographer, a designer, a geek and awesome.
    Gear: Ohh a link?

Quote Originally Posted by vsa View Post
    It's a shipping thing.
    Oh, that makes sense, we don't have a mail system in Australia, the pigeons keep getting eaten by the snakes.
    My flickr stream

LeeR is offline Professional Wanderer

Yeah, I just saw this myself yesterday. They provide a link where you can copy the "photographer's rights" which I did immediately and, best of all, for free. I think it would be handy to have in situations where things were getting ugly.
    Lee R
    http://lucentbydesign.blogspot.com//
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
    -Marcel Proust

NicoleScraps is offline \m/\>.</\m/

Oh, that makes sense, we don't have a mail system in Australia, the pigeons keep getting eaten by the snakes.
    I think it is just because they are offering free shipping with purchase. Probably mail outside of the US would cost them more than what they are selling the cards for. I know I sent a small package to a woman that I know in Germany and it cost me a small fortune.

CheaperKings is offline I've got a headache...

I thought there wasn't any snakes in Australia? Or was that New Zealand? Ah, either way, same place... *runs*

Quote Originally Posted by CheaperKings View Post
    I thought there wasn't any snakes in Australia? Or was that New Zealand? Ah, either way, same place... *runs*
    We have like 7 of the top 10 deadliest snakes in the world... I believe you are thinking of Ireland that has no snakes... Ireland, Australia... full of drunks...same dif.

As a kid I quite often saw Death Adders sunning themselves on the beach where it joined the bush.
    My flickr stream

CheaperKings is offline I've got a headache...

We have like 7 of the top 10 deadliest snakes in the world... I believe you are thinking of Ireland that has no snakes... Ireland, Australia... full of drunks...same dif.

As a kid I quite often saw Death Adders sunning themselves on the beach where it joined the bush.
    One thing I cannot stand is snakes. I hate, hate, HATE snakes. So, Oz is off my list of places to visit. lol

Erik Menard is offline I'm new here!

I looked at those Photographer's Rights and while they might but generically applicable in most places, # 4 is problematic in the Province of Quebec. While it is true that in Quebec Canada anyone can be photographed in a public place without consent unless there is a reasonable expectation of privacy; said photograph can not be published in any from without a signed release from the subject.

Quebec Human Rights Code

ambientlight.ca

In Quebec, the Quebec Human Rights Code grants all humans the right to their private life. For photography, this broadly-worded right allows each individual person in Quebec control over the use of their image (meaning, a photo of them). The Quebec Charter Of Human Rights and Freedoms (PDF), Chapter I, 5.:Every person has a right to respect for his private life.

This was recently upheld by the Supreme Court of Canada in a case where a photographer published a photo of an individual in public, without the subject's permission. The image was nothing special, it was taken from a public place of a person in public, and did not injure their reputation. However, the Supreme Court of Canada said that the photographer should not have published the photo without the permission of the person photographed, and ruled in the favor of the subject of the photo. They did note that there are exceptions for newsworthy events, people who are in the public eye, like politicians or celebrities, or if the person was incidental to the photo, and not the main subject(s).

This really has curtailed Photojournalism & Street Photography in Quebec

Erik
    Last edited by Erik Menard; 08-25-2010 at 07:16 PM.
    Erik Ménard - Canon 7D - EF 50mm f/1.8 II(x2), EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6 IS
    My FLICKR

Page 1 of 3 123 Last