Close
Close
    nsaplayer is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Looking for shooting locations in Orlando, FL

Hey all!

A girlfriend of mine has agreed to let me take some engagement photos of her and her fiance. I am looking for practice anywhere I can get it and they weren't going to get anything done otherwise becuase the wedding is fairly soon anyways. Soooo, I get to have some fun.

Anywho... I am looking for some ideas for cool locations in Orlando to take them. They are a really fun and funky couple so I am looking for someplace neat. I have two place off the top of my head, but if someone who knows the area can offer any other suggestions I would appreciate it!

Also, If anyone has any comments or suggestions on my current ideas, I would welcome that as well.

My current ideas:

Lake Eola - big lake, lots of birds, downtown skyline - This is kind of fall back location because I feel like it is over done and I myself go there all the time when I want to wander and take pics...(this is lake eola if you are curious: Lake Eola 1-31-10 - a set on Flickr)

Veranda Park - This is a condo building in Metrowest Orlando that is pretty cool looking and is practically empty ( I don't know what the deal is, but I think the place is bankrupt or something along those lines). Anyways, there are alot of different covered porticos, walkways, openings, bricked walkways, light fixtures, cool colors, etc there... (I did a google image seach for the area and here is the result if you want to see what it looks like: veranda park orlando - Google Search )

Thanks for your time!
    :-)

My Flickr

Ok to edit/repost in DPS

jli
    jli is offline dPS Forum Member

I think it'd be really fun to shoot in one of the amusement parks. Maybe it'd be strange, but you say they're fun and funky, so it could work .

JodyGall is offline Secret Society Member

I haven't lived in Orlando for quite a few years, but if they are fun and funky, then I'd head downtown. Walk up Orange Ave. there are tons of little bars, cafes, tattoo parlors, night clubs, store front windows, etc. Lots of photo ops with chairs, tables, window sills, wall textures, etc. You could even end up at Lake Eola for pics close to sunset if you do this. Let's see....I would probably start at Church Street, walk up Orange Ave, cross over Central, maybe go all the way to Jefferson, then head back to Wall Street and cut through to Lake Eola. Somethign like that anyways. Most of the little bars and such with tables and chairs out front are from Central to Jefferson or so (or at least they were when I lived there). And Wall street is totally blocked off from traffic. Anywhooo...that's what I'd do with a fun and funky couple. But I havent lived there in about 5 years, so things may have changed downtown. I definitely do a walk through and go scout it all out first.

Wulfy is offline dPS Forum Member

OoOo, me and the better half are going to Orlando in May. We're doing the parks and such and I shall be taking plenty of piccies with a bit of luck! Expect to see Ariel and Princess Jasmine here in June!
    WULFY
    Currently using a Fujifilm S200EXR camera

BLOG: The Random Thoughts of Wulfy
    PHOTOS: SabreWulf7 @ Flickr and Wulfy @ Artbreak

Chip is offline Expat

Maybe the lobby of the Gaylord Palms Hotel? It's a bit over the top, but there could well be some nice photo spots in there.

And downtown, how about the small strip of restaurants, with outdoor seating, on E. Central at Summerlin? The restaurants (Hue and maybe another one?) are on the north side of the street, so the light could be good.

I don't get to Orlando that much, so that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Have fun!
    Chip
    My flickr and My Gear
    Feel Free to Edit and Re-Post My Pics On DPS Only

bootsiebug is offline I'm new here!

Default pictures in orlando

Have you thought about Park Avenue in nearby Winter Park or Lily Lake in nearby Maitland?

nsaplayer is offline dPS Forum Member

Thanks for the responses!!

I think it'd be really fun to shoot in one of the amusement parks. Maybe it'd be strange, but you say they're fun and funky, so it could work
    I think that would be fun... unfortunately the $$$ to get in is not fun. I have a season pass only to Universal and Islands of Adventure and I don't think the couple does.

I haven't lived in Orlando for quite a few years, but if they are fun and funky, then I'd head downtown. Walk up Orange Ave. there are tons of little bars, cafes, tattoo parlors, night clubs, store front windows, etc. Lots of photo ops with chairs, tables, window sills, wall textures, etc. You could even end up at Lake Eola for pics close to sunset if you do this. Let's see....I would probably start at Church Street, walk up Orange Ave, cross over Central, maybe go all the way to Jefferson, then head back to Wall Street and cut through to Lake Eola. Something like that anyways. Most of the little bars and such with tables and chairs out front are from Central to Jefferson or so (or at least they were when I lived there). And Wall street is totally blocked off from traffic. Anywhooo...that's what I'd do with a fun and funky couple. But I haven't lived there in about 5 years, so things may have changed downtown. I definitely do a walk through and go scout it all out first
    That could work... do those places normally have any issues if you shoot at their outside tables? I never know with these things.... thanks for the route suggestion! I get really turned around in the downtown area :-)

Maybe the lobby of the Gaylord Palms Hotel? It's a bit over the top, but there could well be some nice photo spots in there.

And downtown, how about the small strip of restaurants, with outdoor seating, on E. Central at Summerlin? The restaurants (Hue and maybe another one?) are on the north side of the street, so the light could be good
    Hmmm, never been inside the Gaylord Palms...though I have seem some pictures... I think they have a huge atrium. Would they yell at me for going in and taking photos? Once again, these things make me nervous, lol. Might be worth investigating though. I scoped out E Central at Summerlin on Google Maps using the street view feature (yeah, I am a little lame....) and it has some good potential.

Have you thought about Park Avenue in nearby Winter Park or Lily Lake in nearby Maitland?
    Hmmm, I forgot about that area. I have only been up to Park Avenue once... its a pretty neat area. I have never heard of Lily Lake... I checked it out on Google Maps (because I am a nerd) and I suppose I have driven by it a few times without knowing it. I kind of like the idea of that over Lake Eola, mainly because I have been to Lake Eola many times and I see alot of photos done there already.

Well, it looks like I have some scouting to do! Thank you very much for the ideas!

and Wulfy, have a great time when you visit!

My Flickr

Ok to edit/repost in DPS

castman is offline dPS Forum Member

I think you can get in to the Disney hotels if you say you are having diner there and you can get some great photo's there. We have taken alot of great family photos at some there hotels like the Grand Floridian.