Announcement

Collapse

Please submit your assignment suggestions!

Hi! Please visit THIS THREAD and submit your dPS Assignment suggestions! We'll be starting assignments again in two weeks time - hope to see you all participating.

Thanks!
See more
See less

Contest Winners: "Holiday Songs"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Winners: "Holiday Songs"

FIrst goes to Claudia5573's "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas"

"What particularly caught my eye in Claudia's photo of a candycane-clothed baby was the use of bokeh; a clever use of an aperture side-effect to convey the idea of dreaming."
    "Babies are like kittens and puppies. Things that make us go "Aww.." but hard to get over the saccharine sometimes. Maybe it's the time of year, but this fits the "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" idea in a sweet way. The bokeh and fluffy cloudlike blanket adds to the dreamlike aura, and the candy cane outfit gives it that holiday feeling. Face is well lit despite a bit of glare on the top of the head."

Second is FlyingKiwiGirl's "Christmas on the Beach"

"For many of our readers, a white Christmas is most unlikely. FlyingKiwiGirl captures that by setting the colours of sand and sea off with a bright red Santa hat. I wonder how many shots were taken to get this image, as the fluffy wavetops in the sea line up well to balance the brim and bauble of the hat and tie the image together."
    "Point taken that Christmas is different for all of us"
    "It's easy for us northerners to sometimes forget that Santa shows up in the other half of the world, too. Nice contrasting color, simple composition. Makes me almost wish I was enjoying Christmas on the beach!"

Third belongs to SiewFeun's "O Christmas tree" frost

"A good photograph is often one that captures a sight that other people might have missed. Christmas trees are a common sight in many places at this time of year but SiewFeun draws our attention to a marvellous picture of one created by Jack Frost!"
    "Couldnt have done this again of they tried!"
    Linda
    My Gear
    OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
    flickr

Congrats to the winners. Really liked the sleeping child. Reminds me of my grandchildren. What a wonderful time Christmas is.
    Larry
    Flickr

Capturing moments of my life, one click at a time.
    Canon EOS T3i *** 50mm 1.8 *** EFS 18-55mm *** EFS 55-250 *** EF 70-200 F4L IS *** 600EX-RT *** Vivitar 283

Comment

Nice photos. Congrats to the winners.
      AJ
      My Gear: Canon EOS 60D, 50mm f/1.8, 70-300mm f/4.5, Tamron 90mm f/2.8, Canon 15-85mm f/3.5
      My Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajb47/

Comment

Congrats to the winners.

Comment

Good Job

Great Job to everyone who entered. very worthy winner and I love the thought of the subject dreaming with the white bikes background.

I agree with the idea of the winners/winner uploads their shot to the "How I took it" section. This has helped me develop ideas and ensure it'll help others. Will use bokeh more often!
          I am a young, beginner photographer with an interest in garden and trick photography.
          See my Flickr for more of my work.

Comment

Big congrats to the three winners, great job!
            Never enough time is my oft used excuse.

Visit me on Flickr
            Blog of an Amateur Photographer
            Link to Website

Comment

Am am truly thrilled to have my great-nephew's photo chosen this week from among so many worthy photos. Thank you so much!
              www.flickr.com/photos/cjj5573/

Comment

Congratulations to all! Very well done, and some of my favorites were chosen.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/66695083@N05/

Comment

Congratulations! Well done!

Comment

Thankyou everyone for your congratulations, I'm thrilled to have been awarded another placing! And big congrats to my DPS & Flickr friends Claudia & Siew too, very well deserved!
                    Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase. Percy W. Harris

Blog- Two Go Tiki Touring
                    Flickr

Comment

Congrats!

Congratulations to all the winners! The sleeping baby is my favourite too! Oh what a magical time, Christmas is!

Comment

Thank you!

Ohhhh! What a fantastic early Christmas present from DPS to me! Thank you mods!!!
                        Christmas is magical and I am so high on Christmas spirit now!
                        BIG CONGRATS to Claudia and Shellie on their big wins! Claudia's beautiful dreamy little angel is absolutely my favorite and Shellie's summer sandy beach got me so jealous and I want to be there!!!
                        Great work everyone! I have so many favorites this week and they are so inspiring!
                        Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Cheers!
                        Last edited by SiewFeun; 12-16-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

CONGRATS to the three lovely ladies' photos this week!!!!!! Very much deserved!
                          Life is so much better with a passion!
                          [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kedleson[/url

Comment

Congrats to the winners!
                            About.Me // Flickr // Blog // 500px

Comment

Congratulations to all winners ....."Dreaming of a White Christmas" a beautiful shot deserve to be # 1.
                              maz52

Comment

Working...
                              X